Pre-Season 2013 F1 Winter Testing: 1 - Circuito de Jerez, 5-8 February

Google pronounces it "chaykoh" and translate it as Czech/Czech Republic. And here I was thinking he's just called plain old Sergio.

EDIT:
Portuguese pronunciation seems to be "checko" and Spanish "chaykoh". I thought Mexico was Spanish speaking Brogan? Anyway, it's not "cheeko" but chances are we'll call him that anyway... or Perez.

BBC1 Breakfast have just shown LH crash from yesterday.....he was interviewed & said the brake failure was just a blip.......

Just seen the brake fail video, didn't expect so much smoke from rear either. When a brake line/calliper fails there would be a loss of fluid + lots of hot stuff at the rear = another possibility for the smoke ?

I'm hoping that Vettels current 1.06 lap time some 12 seconds faster than anyone else is just a timing blip.
Otherwise I may not bother watching F1 this year.
Screen Shot 2013-02-07 at 09.09.56.png

Edit: snap

Massa has done a 17.8 with 5+ laps of fuel but seems to be testing tyre deg on the soft tyres. One cooling down lap and then an 18.4 and a 19.6, followed by a 20.8

Rosberg did a 19.1 at the start of a 12 lap run but was doing 25s at the end!

No sudden cliff, just a very steep degradation from lap 2.

Sounds like Mercedes still haven't managed to solve the issue from last year then.
The lack of downforce (as discussed by Gary Anderson) is probably the cause.

It's a good article and a good time to throw it in Greenlantern101 .

I think Rosberg showed that the car has some pace by doing the 19.1 with at least 13 laps of fuel on board. My point was more about the tyres going off so rapidly. Most of the drivers are showing a good first lap time, then around 2s down after 5 odd laps.

Can someone remind me how the tyre allocation works for testing? Is it still 100 sets per driver for the season?

Pirelli have confirmed that each car will be given 35 sets of tyres for the first pre-season test of 2013, which gets under way at Jerez in Spain on Tuesday.

In agreement with the teams, the Italian manufacturer will provide each car with one set of soft tyres, six sets of medium tyres, seven sets of hard tyres, three sets of intermediate tyres and three sets of wet tyres. The supersoft tyre will not be provided because of the particular characteristics of the Jerez circuit.

http://www.formula1.com/news/headlines/2013/2/14240.html

That's a bit out of date now as I believe some have also been running the super soft?

Crucially, Paul Hembery has said the Jerez circuit surface is no longer suitable for testing as it is too abrasive and not similar to most/all of the current circuits on the calendar.

one set of soft tyres,
six sets of medium tyres,
seven sets of hard tyres,
three sets of intermediate tyres and
three sets of wet tyres

1+6+7+3+3 = 20, isn't it :s

Pirelli have confirmed that each car will be given 35 sets of tyres

20...? 35...? :dunno:

Back
Top Bottom