• Vitantonio Luizzi

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Timo Glock

• Jerome d'Ambrosio

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
We're just recycling the same arguments here again and again. There are enough threads on this subject for you to make your points in, please use them.

Giving another driver space has nothing to do with defensive driving. Defensive driving is trying to maintain your position without causing a collision by turning onto your line too early for a corner or making your move to take your line even earlier to ensure you don't have a car up the inside of you. It is not making the move late to try to cut off a driver already up the inside, to think otherwise shows a distinct lack of understanding of what it takes to go racing.

I'm taking an unusual stance on this vote.

I've read all the arguments and seen the fall out from decisions made on and off the track. Hamilton's on track performance under the immense amount of pressure he was under really showed what a talent he is behind the wheel of an F1 car. Any other driver who had similar incidents would have crumbled and given up instead of battling on to the finish.

His move on Schumacher was brave and ground breaking, he then continued to attempt to overtake where no overtakes had been done before including a brave one inside the tunnel. Without him it would have just been another procession. I think today was some of Hamiltons bravest driving but also unlucky in some respects.

Unfortunately a weekend performance is not just what you do on the track. His comments and attitude post qualifying and his interview after the race still show he has a lot of growing up to do especially when it comes to dealing with the media. They were already on his back before the race and I have a strong feeling he will be making the headlines again tomorrow but for all the wrong reasons.

Why is my stance unusual? After his driving skill after the penalties and heavily damaged car to finish well up in the points is an incredible achievement and for that I award Lewis the driver of the weekend but for his actions off track I am also awarding him chump of the weekend. Controversial I know but no other driver stood out today in the same way Hamilton has done in both awards.

This post will cover both DotW and CotW.

Hamilton gets it for me anything and everything went wrong for him. Also he seemed to blame everyone but himself which didn't help him. On the positive side though it was a hell of an overtake on Schumacher going into Saint Devote.

I would like to say Martin Brundle for his "what to do" advice,.........if you do what he says you normally will finish up where Brundle did for his career a back marker! :victory:

Brundle's dislike of Alonso is evident in his commentating, it pains him to even speak about Alonso, then his 1hr post race disection included 49 minutes on "how unlucky Button is, certainly the best driver on the day" then 11 on just how lucky Vettel was for this and that. :rolleyes:

Even though I'm a fan, I'll add to the general consensus here (I made sure I voted without reading any of the comments) that Hamilton behaved like a total dick this weekend on the track. It was entertaining though and I empathise with his arguments that such driving adds to the spectacle, but I think he crossed the line in terms of recklessness.

Lewis, not for what he did in the race which was what F1 needs....it was what he said after, using his colour to make a point.......(yes I know he's retracted/apologised since)

Please delete if you feel this is a racist comment............but in my defense his colour has nothing to do with what the Stewards see, they are just doing their job in areas they need to address in F1.

In a way could this not be seen as racism by Hamilton himself? Not sure if there is a term for this......

I'm heading towards Massa aswell. He didn't look like he had full control or knew the cars dimensions all weekend. Didn't he hit Rosberg before the Hamilton thing as well? Alonso, Button, Hamilton, Rosberg, Kubica would not have turned in if they saw another driver there.

Hamilton is undoubtedly a chump for his comments and also not realising Massa's somewhat erratic nature before attempting that move. He weaved all over the place in front of Button at Oz.

But.....

Awful quali, 3 penalties (2 debatable), 4 collisions, 2 botched pit stops and he still finished 6th? Can it really be Hamilton?

I was going to put Hamilton before I saw the replies.

Awful quali, 3 penalties (2 debatable), 4 collisions, 2 botched pit stops and he still finished 6th? Can it really be Hamilton?

That's what I thought, although as we know, he probably should have finished higher. However, I voted for Alguersuari for going rodeo over Hamilton and for being the first to be outpaced, on merit, by Team Lotus.

I still haven't voted though. There is just so much choice!

I think the rules are the Chumps this weekend, changing tyres and fixing wings? Really?

I have :thinking:long and hard about this and I've come to a self-surprising conclusion. Stuff the chumpery! It's hard enough doing 78 consistent laps of Monaco on a playstation! Such arrogence. Who the hell am I to call any F1 driver a chump. I'll not vote for a chump again. :givemestrength:8-)

p.s. I lied!

I have :thinking:long and hard about this and I've come to a self-surprising conclusion. Stuff the chumpery! It's hard enough doing 78 consistent laps of Monaco on a playstation! Such arrogence. Who the hell am I to call any F1 driver a chump. I'll not vote for a chump again. :givemestrength:8-)

You don't get paid millions for it :D

Back
Top Bottom