• Vitantonio Luizzi

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Timo Glock

• Jerome d'Ambrosio

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Have gone with Petrov, simply because he started the sequence of events that led to the red flag by trying to jink left and then trying to get back at Hamilton straight away, he should have been looking further down the road. Nearly went to Algue whatsisname for also climbing all over the back of the McLaren..

I would also say that Lewis cost Jenson a win there..

It was Sutil that caused it when he got passed by was it Maldonado, not Petrov.

With 10 cars in a train (including the top 3) it was inevitable...

It's fairly clear from most of your posts that you're fervently anti-Hamilton.

That's fine, makes no difference to me, but I doubt you will be able to objectively pass comment on most issues because of it.

He was doing great up until the end of the Spanish GP, then he started to criticise, blame and proclaim.....then he rocks up with this performance, I am sorry for not agreeing with the popular belief, his errors are something you see from tear away rookies not former world champions.

I voted Hamilton.

His Q3 strategy was terrible, a banker lap is essential, especially at Monaco.
He then cut the chicane for no obvious reason and was demoted to 10th.
His frustration during the race at being held up was evident when he tried to pass Massa at the hairpin.

Considering he and a lot of others were expecting him to be on pole and win this race, to start 9th and have such a poor race, by his standards, makes it more than justified, in my opinion.

The fact that he was still able to finish in the points and in 6th place no less, is testament to his talent and tenacity.

It's fairly clear from most of your posts that you're fervently anti-Hamilton.

That's fine, makes no difference to me, but I doubt you will be able to objectively pass comment on most issues because of it.

I don't think that everyone is necessarily anti-Hamilton, it is just the parts of the race where he stood out were all a bit messy, but if you look at it like i did, i can't see how it was all his fault. I voted for Lewis though because, if you accept the ludicrousness of it all, then apparently the rules say it is his fault.

his errors are something you see from tear away rookies not former world champions.

Really? Little harsh don't you think. I thought they were a result of an extremely difficult overtaking track, with really unwilling drivers being overtaken.

Hamilton has the look of a desperate man. He is highly skilled but is trusting in luck too much lately. Why on earth does he keep shooting himself in the foot ?

His school report might read - "Can do better!"

We know it...

Really? Little harsh don't you think. I thought they were a result of an extremely difficult overtaking track, with really unwilling drivers being overtaken.

Just because someones trying to overtake you would you move out the way?

I don't think there's such thing as a willing driver when it comes to overtakes

The same as Petrov not willing to move out of Alonso/Webber's way at Abu Dhabi, Maldonado was not expected to just yield it to Hamilton......Yeah it is really just the fact that Monaco is such a pants race.

I think there are 3 strong candidates for CotW.

First of all, Jaime Alguersuari's continuing depression into a Sebastian Bourdais-esque character, a man with no pace, a propensity to hit other cars, and in general, a disappointment after some stronger showings.

Then I would say Nico Rosberg is next ; a bad crash, granted it was probably not entirely his fault, outqualified by his teammate, and then a dreadful race as well. Although to counterbalance that, he was set back by that crash and the Mercedes did not look good in race trim with either car.

Clearly though the biggest Chump was Lewis Hamilton. A silly, frustrated crash with Felipe Massa, which he was rightly punished for. A slightly debatable second incident with Massa, though I think Massa was somewhat foolish for thinking he could drive on the marbles in the tunnel. His accident with Maldonado was also 50/50 I think, since I did think that Pastor turned in on him at a stage when he could've left a little more room. But that argument goes for Hamilton too, he ended up sticking one wheel up the inside and that is not a clear enough intention sometimes. I don't believe he should be punished for it, even though Maldonado's race was ruined.

Instead his most Chump worthy moments were off the track. Claiming the stewards were a joke was not a good idea, neither was making a joke about his race. Comments like that can very quickly be misconstrued or even misinterpreted by people who speak other languages, who may not understand the joke behind it nor the context.

He also claimed Massa drove into him, and in qualifying, said that Massa held him up deliberately.

A very paranoid time for Lewis, he's my chump of the weekend.

Has to be Hamilton for me.

To mis-quote a line from Days of Thunder, the only thing Hamilton didn't go out and hit was the pace car.

I'm all for a driver getting stuck in but there's a limit. You're supposed to drive around someone not over or through them.

That said though, Hamilton on Schumacher into St Devote was breath taking.

All in all a very bad weekend for Lewis.

I, too, have voted for Lewis - I am all for racers and racing but don't really appreciate stupidity and some of his moves today smacked of desperation.

It was Sutil that caused it when he got passed by was it Maldonado, not Petrov.

With 10 cars in a train (including the top 3) it was inevitable...

OK, sutil got a puncture and went on the marbles, but look what happens a few seconds before and how far over Petrov comes, then look at what happens afterwards, think Algue whatsisname was trying to stay out of the way of that as much as possible and got it wrong.

I'm a bit mystified by this criticism of Hamilton and di Resta for their slightly ambitious overtakes at Lowes Hairpin. That has traditionally been one of the few places at Monace where a pass takes place. traditionally by poking ones nose in at the entry requiring the other driver to stay wide to avoid a collision. Paul's entry was slightly earlier than Lewis's and thus doomed to fail. In the past the driver on the outside of the corner gives way. It seems that these days drivers are encouraged to never, ever give way and everyone wonders why we now have to have artificial aids to enable overtaking. how about a bit of driver education. As to who is the chump? I could go for the obvious but this will take me a lot more time to sort out. Can I vote next week?:thinking::)

Edit: Just seen that Mass Hamilton incident from a different angle. I retract that part of my statement. If you read it already, it's now gone!

Hated voting for Lewis here as he's clearly my favourite driver. But boy did he have a nightmare of a weekend, firstly if he had issues with leaving it late to go out late in Q3 why didn't he go against the team and went with what he wanted to do. But today he seemed to be an angry man inside the cockpit and didn't care whether he bumped into anyone on track or about getting penalities. This is not the Lewis i like seeing and i hope he can bounce back from this nightmare and go and win in Montreal next time round.

Jaime Alguersuari and Timo Glock get mentions aswell for chump of the day.

Just because someones trying to overtake you would you move out the way?

I don't think there's such thing as a willing driver when it comes to overtakes

Why are there only two extremes? No defense or cutting across someone. Why can't Massa take his line round the corner and then defend the inside at the next. That would be racing to me.

The same as Petrov not willing to move out of Alonso/Webber's way at Abu Dhabi, Maldonado was not expected to just yield it to Hamilton......Yeah it is really just the fact that Monaco is such a pants race.

Yeah i think both you and Dave have jumped on my ambiguous language. I think it is made obvious from my odd 500 posts on here that all i want to see is clean wheel to wheel racing, but you can't have that if drivers don't give each other space.

Why should they give each other space?

If they all give each other space what happens to defensive driving?

Back
Top Bottom