Football 2010-11 Football Season

F1Yorkshire said:
1-1 was a fair result but I feel Leeds did enough to deserve the win

Gutted, I was sure you were going to hang on there.
F1Yorkshire said:
we'll enjoy their visit to Elland Road and the money it brings to the club.

If you could give them a good roughing up too that would be much appreciated. :D

Leeds last three cup draws have been United away, Spurs away and Arsenal away, and they've not lost one first leg in that. There's an achievement.

Hope you get a better draw in next year's 3rd or this year's 4th!

teabagyokel said:
Leeds last three cup draws have been United away, Spurs away and Arsenal away, and they've not lost one first leg in that. There's an achievement.

Hope you get a better draw in next year's 3rd or this year's 4th!

Hopefully next year we'll be the premier league giant who will be taking on a lower league minnow! I wasn't sure if Leeds had enough in the team to compete in the top tier yet but after today's game I know we have a good chance if we get promoted this year.

Galahad said:
If you could give them a good roughing up too that would be much appreciated. :D

There's a reason why we're known as 'Dirty Leeds'! Anyone in particular that needs the special LUFC treatment?

Ha, you should worry McSup Brighton 3-1 Portsmouth. At least Forest are in the same division :(

Well done Stevenage though my "2nd" team. I was there in '98 when they drew at home to Newcastle - God did we give Shearer some abuse :snigger:

McZiderRed said:
Bristol City 0 - 3 Sheffield Wed

:(

Oh well Mr Millen, time to concentrate on Championship survival now... :rolleyes:

Correct me if I'm wrong, but losing 0-4 at home to Middlesborough (managed by Mowbury, for god's sake!) isn't the best way to go about avoiding the drop...

Binned out of the FA cup by the Wendys 3 Nil followed up with a serving of humiliation at home 4 nil, with former City player Leroy Lita scoring a couple, means City manager Keith Millen must surely be feeling the pressure.

Next Saturday sees City travel to Selhurst Park, a MUST win game if ever there was one! Crystal Palace in the bottom three, just six points below City. If City lose against palace... :(

After re-reading my previous post, I'd just like to point out that I in no way think that Keith Millen will be sacked! The City chairman, Steve Lansdown, is not one for knee-jerk decisions anyway..

City are in need of a creative midfielder which, given the dire financial state, the club will need to offload a few of the 'less capable' players.

But like I said, if City continue to lose, Millen's position will become dicier... :unsure:

FA Cup replay time for Leeds and the Gunners. The match is live on ITV again tonight. Good luck lads, we can pull off another shock result!

Gutted about the Arsenal game but at least we can concentrate on the league.

Pompey are showing some interesting tactics to help them preserve a point where possible. If the other team is looking like they are starting to control the game they switch the lights off! :snigger:

Well done FB your floodlight failures secured a valuable point for you!

Bristol City travel to Nottm Forest tomorrow night, for a Tuesday night match. :thinking:

Whilst Florest won their last game, away at Derby 0-1, and their last home game 2-1 against Pompey, BCFC are coming to this fixture fresh off the back of a one match unbeaten run, consisting of a 0-0 thriller at Crystal Palace.

With City boss, Keith Millen, threatening to withhold the players' Cider keg win bonus, I wouldn't like to be in Billy Davies' shoes tomorrow night...

Unless they're nice shoes, of good quality. Black, with Leather souls... ;)

1 win in 8, half the team on the sick list, looks like surviving in the championship will be are only reward this year (and that's by no means certain).

Is Keith Millan the man to take us forward? I guess we won't know until he gets a chance to field his first choice team for longer than 1 match.

As always, a City fans life is one of quiet desperation.

Come on you Reds !!!

3 must win games coming up, Scunny, Barnsley and Bristol City, if there ever is a time for 9 points it is now.

Game abandoned again!?
givemestrength.gif
givemestrength.gif
givemestrength.gif

To take my mind off the way Bristol City's season has been going lately, I thought I'd look at the season from a different angle... "What's it like being a referee?"

Luckily, the band "Half Man, Half Biscuit" wrote a song about it..

"Y is for Yate, the kind of town where referees come from..."
blink.gif

Back
Top Bottom