Football 2010-11 Football Season

FB said:
We're there Championship games last night? :whistle:

There were a number of teams on pitches around the country, not all the teams showed up to play though as can be seen by some of the scorelines.

Championship? Don't know what you're talking about? Isn't it Champions' League week?

Surely the fixtures move straight on to Donny vs Leeds, PNE vs Norwich and Sheff U vs Pompey on Saturday, for you guys!

teabagyokel said:
Championship? Don't know what you're talking about? Isn't it Champions' League week?

I have nothing but contempt for that trophy.

The pursuit of the large flower vase is what led to the downfall of Leeds. Certain members of the management at the time thought we were contenders and borrowed vast sums of money so we could compete amongst the best (and most debt ridden) clubs in Europe. Sadly the dream turned into a nightmare and we fell back down with a shattering thump.

We shall get back up there but we will use hard graft and honest football and have none of these delusions of grandeur that affect most modern clubs.

F1Yorkshire said:
I have nothing but contempt for that trophy.

The pursuit of the large flower vase is what led to the downfall of Leeds. Certain members of the management at the time thought we were contenders and borrowed vast sums of money so we could compete amongst the best (and most debt ridden) clubs in Europe. Sadly the dream turned into a nightmare and we fell back down with a shattering thump.

We shall get back up there but we will use hard graft and honest football and have none of these delusions of grandeur that affect most modern clubs.

Yeah, yeah...

McLarenSupremo said:
F1Yorkshire, can I just give you the 3 points in advance for the Leeds v Preston match and save embarrasment?

It will be a close game. The players will compare league positions and decide its an easy 3 points but in doing so they will leave holes at the back letting you through on goal and giving us a scare or 2.

Do we have any Everton fans in here?

Do we have anyone with any kind of passing connection to the city of Liverpool?

SGL and Everton are losing.

That's Steven Gerrard's Liverpool, because as all media watchers know, they have no other players, and never did!

Some good results this weekend for some of us but some bad for others.

Excellent display shown by Pompey to finally get their 1st win this season and they did it with some style over Leicester.

Leeds showed Sheffield who was top in the Yorkshire teams but it was a scrappy game but 3 points is what matters.

Tonight I'm looking forward to Prestons visit but I'm not sure if McSup is as keen on the game.

The Mighty Pompey get back to back league wins for the first time since 2008 Woo Hoo! Apologies to all the Bristolian contributors to this site :snigger:

I'll let McSup and F1Yorks discuss the Leeds Preston result...

McLarenSupremo said:
Im still in shock to discuss it at the moment.

Your in shock???

Where were Leeds the 2nd half? I mean actually where were they? In the pub celebrating the 1st half performance probably. :givemestrength: :givemestrength: :givemestrength: :givemestrength: :embarrassed: :o

FB said:
The Mighty Pompey get back to back league wins for the first time since 2008 Woo Hoo! Apologies to all the Bristolian contributors to this site :snigger:

I'll let McSup and F1Yorks discuss the Leeds Preston result...

This season started with so much promise for Bristol City, with Steve Coppell as manager and David James as goalie, but blimey! What the smeg happened!?

Coppell left while the going was bad...
And James.. err, let's just say the team in front of him have not been playing well and leave it at that, shall we..? :whistle:

Pompey can have the points this time, but City are improving so will have points come the return match at Ashton Gate. ;)

The season starts here... or whenever we start playing as a team... C'mon uuuu redssssssss!

(By the way, not all the Bristolians on this site support City, as far as I'm aware. At-least one has come out as a follower of Bristol Rovers the blue peril)

Well Preston only seem to beat teams with Clip the Apex supporters, so we should have no problem beating Bristol City in November ;) ;) ;)

McZ - are/were the two Bristol teams split on religious grounds? I know this is the case in Glasgow, Edinburgh and Liverpool. Not sure about Sheffield or Nottingham either (anyone know?). Manchester is slightly different as Man U are actually in Salford rather than Manchester (and most of their supporters are in London LOL )

I've not heard any religious reason for there being 2 Nottingham clubs, it's more likely due to natural competition; Notts County {spit} were formed first (1862), and Forest were formed 3 years later out of a 'shinny' club. Nottingham Forest are also so-called, because they started out playing on the Forest recreation ground, and not as is always assumed, because of Sherwood Forest.

Back
Top Bottom