Football 2010-11 Football Season

And don't forget the most famous Leeds victory in modern times.

That glorious FA Cup tie at Old Trafford last season.

FB said:
Time flies but Peter Ridsdale is still plying his trade and destroying other football clubs. I think it should be compulsory for him and David O'Leary to begin every media interview with "First, I would like to apologise for what I did to Leeds United Football Club" from now until the day they die, and I'm not even a Leeds fan.

Damn right FB. Its disgraceful that he's been allowed to do the same to Cardiff that he did to Leeds.

Young Mr Bates will always be a bit dodgy but his ultimate goal has always been to make money which usually benefits the team in question. He may sell us on if he gets the right price but then he will have to reveal who actually does own the club.

F1Yorkshire said:
Damn right FB. Its disgraceful that he's been allowed to do the same to Cardiff that he did to Leeds.

Young Mr Bates will always be a bit dodgy but his ultimate goal has always been to make money which usually benefits the team in question. He may sell us on if he gets the right price but then he will have to reveal who actually does own the club.

Ahhh... one of the greatest mysteries in modern football :)

MajorDanby said:
F1Yorkshire said:

Ahhh... one of the greatest mysteries in modern football :)

It ranks up there with who the hell is Suliman Al-Fahim and how Alex Ferguson has a reputation for transfer excellence with a record that includes Veron, Djemba Djemba and Bellion.

Mclaren Supremo said:

Preston 1-0 Portsmouth, unlucky FB

No luck involved Mac Sup, Preston were better and Pompey will be lucky to stay in the division at this rate.

FB said:
No luck involved Mac Sup, Preston were better and Pompey will be lucky to stay in the division at this rate.

I've got a similar feeling about the boys from Bristol at the moment. What with our manager doing a runner just two games into the season and planning issues delaying the start of our new ground. What looked like the start of a new era for Bristol City is rapidly turning into a pile of dung. It's very easy to find yourself stuck at the bottom of the championship and a good start is essential to a good season. City are yet to win a game from 4 starts (3 league and 1 cup). Granted we have an injury list longer than Lindsey Lohans rap sheet but a lot of football these days is about confidence.

Fingers crossed we can start to bag the points soon but it's going to be a long year.

To be honest FB, Portsmouth were the poorest team i've seen at Deepdale for a long time , and if it wasn't for your keeper, King could have had a hat trick. What's happened to Nugent? He's really ineffectual yesterday and St.Ledger had him in his pocket for 90 minutes.

David Nugent - England international! 1 game, 1 goal!

Impressive until you consider it was against Andorra and was just a toe poke to nick the credit of Jermain Defoe!
McLarenSupremo said:
Portsmouth were the poorest team

Do you mean they were the worst team or they were peniless? (They're probably both)

Are pompey likely to avoid any further point deductions? Its not easy trying to stay in a league when your deducted points.

My understanding is that Pompey now have full agreement from their creditors to allow them to exit adminstration and shouldn't have any points deducted. The sticking point recently was that the tax they owed HMRC was in dispute and they (HMRC) appealed to the High Court to have the CVA overturned. The High Court found in Portsmouth favour so now all that is needed is for the club to find a buyer (all, HA!). Oh, and some players...

It always seems to be the tax bill that brings a club to their knee's. Too much creative accounting and shady business deals.

Pompey need to find someone with a good eye for talent. Leeds used over 100 different players during there fall. We couldn't afford to pay wages so we took on plenty of loanee's and free transfers and gambled on part-time players from non-league clubs. We paid 50k for Beckford and look at what he did for us.

As long as Pompey avoid relegation this year they will bounce back.

If you can't fill your bench for league games, then that is a worrying sign in any situation. If Pompey get injuries, then who is going to pull on the blue shirt. They could be playing the bloke with the bell before too long!

You don't mean John Mr Portsmouth Football Club Westwood do you TBY? That is, legally, is full name as he had it changed by deed poll. By day this bell weilding maniac is an antiquarian book seller - never judge a book by it's cover, as he might say.

TN18635_Mr_Pomey.jpg

One thing to bear in mind, before you all start taking the michael out of Jonny, Portsmouth is an island and you know island peolpe can be a bit odd. I should know, I was born there :D

Champions' League:

A INZ WBE THS TWE
B LYO BEN S04 HTA
C MUT VAL RAN BUR
D BAR PAN FCK RKZ
E BYM ROM BAS CLJ
F CHS OMA SPM ZIL
G ACM RMD AJX AUX
H ARS SDN SCB PZB

Bye for Barcelona, difficult for Spurs, bye for Arsenal, Man U vs Rangers - AGAIN!

Difficult for Spurs, yes, but not as difficult as it would have been a year ago! Inter without Mourinho, Werder without Ozil, Twente without McClaren...

(not sure about the last one)

It would be churlish to complain though. We've been waiting 49 years for this, so Lyon would have been a bit disappointing.

Handily, our next five games are all against teams starting with W.

Arsenal and Man Utd got it easy, and Chelsea shouldn't have any problems. That's how the seeding is supposed to work, after all.

Back
Top Bottom