Jenson Button

Arguably the best ever driver in mixed conditions, all his wins at Mclaren have come in those conditions. His last race win in the dry came at the 2009 Turkish GP.

Button is known for his smooth driving style and is normally seen in must races doing one less stop than his rivals for tyres.

Buttons also know to be a bit of a practical joker and will take part in anything fun.

Since his debut in 2000 Button has won the majority of hearts in this country. But what is your favourite JB win?

Mine has to be Hungaroring 2006, in argubly a midfield team and he won the race in those mixed conditions to take his first win. I can remember James Allen been in tears almost and that was the first race Anthony Davidson ever commentated on.

We've seen in the past in a car JB is comfortable he can match or outpace most top drivers.

Perez' performances last year were based on starting lower down the grid with spare tyres in hand so you would have thought he would show those sort of race craft.

For Checo he's rubbed people's noses the wrong way ( literally) ..only one he has not is Vettel
---------------------------------

As for Button surely Mclaren can't design any more worse car than the one this year. Surely next season they will do better

Button has never been out and out the fastest over 1 lap

Surely that should be in the "non-news" thread.

Though you could say Jenson was like Hunt in one respect, he and Hunt both won their titles due in the main to the circumstances they found themselves in rather than their natural brilliance (double diffuser and Lauda's injury).

I think Hunt's natural brilliance came into play too. Lets remember the points he gained when Lauda was out injured only put him back in the place he should have been in if it wasn't for some dubious disqualifications and grid penaltys.

Ah, John Watson beat Niki Lauda in 1982 and then Lauda beat Prost in '84 so John Watson must have been a better driver than 4 times World Champion Alain Prost.

More seriously with the right car Jenson is a match for the "top 4". When the car isn't too his liking Jenson is an also ran. Nothing will take away his World Title or multiple Grands Prix wins though.

A serious problem for Jenson which was demonstrated during the 2012 season, and hurt any chance that he had in winning the 2012 WDC.
He was only two points behind Lewis in the championship though and in 2011 finished 43 points in front of Lewis. I don't think Jenson needs any excuses made for him, he makes a very good job of doing his talking on track. There's no shame in needing his car to be well set-up, very few drivers can drive around a difficult car the way Hamilton and Alonso can.

Back
Top Bottom