Grand Prix 2023 Brazilian Grand Prix Practice, Qualifying & Race Discussion

Brazilian GP this weekend. the 50th time a world championship race has taken place in brazil.& which will delighted some the final sprint race of the season. dare i say the only circuit where sprint racing has worked consistently. so surprise we have the same format again. its always 1 of the race i consider that should be ringfenced as its always feel like you get drama here. something always happens. should be no surprise that for the last 2 years its taken the awards for the most overtakes. & as a commentor once said you could have season of only racing at interlagos & you likely have 19 great races

just in the last 15years weve seen.
hamilton winning in the greatest legal ending to a season that weve ever seen.

Barrichello pole lap at his home race, Button drive through the field to take the championship

Hulkenbergs shock pole in his williams

2012 Brazilian gp which many people argue was the best race of the decade & the race hulkenberg & force india shouldve won

2016 was the year we knew how good verstappen would be. as in the torrential rain, he amazed everyone when with 10 laps to go he made pitstop & came from 14th to 3rd with some spectacular moves

Hamilton being only 5 seconds from winning the race despite starting from the pit lane in 2017

2018 was massive controversy when ocon took verstappen out of the lead by refusing to yeild to the race leader & unlap himself. which nearly led to a punch up in the weighing area

the effective end of vettel at ferrari began in 2019. when the Vettel & leclerc rivalry boiled over. Vettel squeezed Leclerc to take them both. also Hamilton making the rare mistake of crashing into albon & then getting outdragged by gasly to finish 2nd in the toro rosso

the last 2 years, you had the incredible drive of Hamilton starting last going from 20th to 5th in the sprint then 10th to 1st in the race. overtaking Verstappen halfway through despite max attempts to take them both out in extremely questionable defence. in 1 of lewis greatest ever drives

last Yr The brilliantly heartwarming story of Kevin Magnussen in the Haas sticking it on pole in falling rain on slicks & the shock upset of the unbeatable Red Bull looking very vulnerable as Russell took his only win to date of his career & setting mercedes up for another year of pain by sticking with the flawed concept

Screenshot_20231103_155930_Samsung Internet.jpg

i can understand why the teams are worried as there is 1 almighty rain storm on radar. now whether its gets there to affect the session is a question

but knowing the severity of rain in the red zone, that could be a qualifying stoppage. as i doubt the could qualify in those conditions

Screenshot_20231103_183742_AccuWeather.jpg

a very strange end to the qualifying. where the rain came earlier than expected, & i dont know if im being on harsh on Lando norris or its because i rate him that highly, but in 3 of the last 4 qualifying. the pressure has been on & he has had 1 do or die lap & all 3 times he has cracked. a strange Dejavu, as again the 1st driver out got pole.

well that rain came & by god that was a change like ive never seen, i dont think ive ever seen such darkness when it comes to rain. loved the words of crofty that he needed noah to build him an ark to get out of the commentary box

20231103_211215.jpg

Last edited:
that was a entertaining sprint, outside of verstappen, as its looks like domination & possibly a red bull 1-2. but the midfield was fantastic racing

but mercedes tire wear looked horrendous & will probally be a 2 stopper as Hamilton had no rear tires with 5 laps to go & another lap he likely would've been out if the top 10

Although nothing happened much at the front, that was actually quite an exciting race. The drivers were really goign for it.

End of the season, nothing much to lose type going for it in places.

Except for Tsunoda who sort of went for it then changed his mind.

that was a entertaining sprint, outside of verstappen, as its looks like domination & possibly a red bull 1-2. but the midfield was fantastic racing

but mercedes tire wear looked horrendous & will probally be a 2 stopper as Hamilton had no rear tires with 5 laps to go & another lap he likely would've been out if the top 10
The soft tyres on their car were no good so I think they will avoid use of it if they can. The race will be a two stopper but rain can throw things up

im worried about this race because as BBC F1 weve got a potentially great race just not for the lead but, if teams do like usual go for a babysitting tyres 1 stop instead of an aggressive 2 stop where drivers can attack. this could be like watching paint dry

Back
Top Bottom