Grand Prix 2023 British Grand Prix Practice, Qualifying & Race Discussion

This week for alot of teams & drivers, Silverstone will feel like a homecoming. for so many. & its a race that almost always delivers on drama or Memorable moments since it was permanently the British gp circuit in 1987.

1987, the great battle of Mansell hunting down & overtaking Piquet
british 4.gif

1991 - Mansell giving Senna a lift back to the pits
british 91.jpg

1992- mansell mania at its height
british 2.jpg

1994 - schumacher getting black flagged for failure to take a stop go penalty
1995 - Schumacher & hill colliding, Herbert taking his maiden victory
british 95 2.jpg
british 95.jpg

1998 - Schumacher winning it in the pitlane, in 1 of the wettest british GP's on easter sunday

1999 - Schumacher breaking his leg at stowe,
2003 - the mad priest invading the circuit on hangar Straight

2007 - the roar of the crowd when Lewis Hamilton took the 1st pole for British driver at a British GP for 11 years
2008 - maybe Hamilton greatest drive where in horrendous conditions, he outclassed the field by winning by over minute & lapping all but those on the podium
british 2008.jpg

2010 - 1 of the most famous radio messages, webber saying not bad for a number 2 driver, that in hindsight was where Vettel & webber relationship has become intolerable
2013 - the controversy of pirelli's exploding tyres
british 2013.jpg

2014 - where lewis Hamilton won his 2nd home race with 3 drivers on the podium, who had started 6th, 14th & 8th.
2020 - Hamilton winning the british gp on 3 wheels as he had tyre failure on the final lap
british 5.jpg

2021 - the image that still has the ability to start a war & arguably did start 1. but is often forgotten how good leclerc drove that day & wouldve won the british gp any other year v any other driver. but he just ended up trying to fend an inspired Hamilton who was on a mission to deliver for the fans. hunted leclerc down
1688559484784.png

who could forget last year which did prove the 2023 catchphrase "it wouldve been a great race without Verstappen" as he had big car issues that took him out of contention . we had the start of Zhou, Russell bravely going straight to his aide, the late safety car, Ferrari strategy cock up, "through goes Hamilton" moment. 3 teams fighting for the win in the late contention & Sainz taking his maiden & to this day only victory

british 1.jpg
british 3.jpg
1688560036912.png

so who knows there is hope yet that red bull domination may end & we will get a great race like last year, but as irritating as it is to admit, having ago at verstappen is the wrong target, it is mercedes & ferraris fault for this monotonous season. 1 got the rules dreadfully wrong & 1 got them spot on, but with no idea of how to make it quicker. but there is hope yet Aston Martin, McLaren, Mercedes, Ferrari & Alpine are all bringing upgrades. are all so close together, so we have got our hopes like normal on 1 team leading the fight anyone number of those 5 teams could still be fighting after the summer break & potentially next season

Last edited:
well Bottas is at the back of the grid and Perez must be seething about that given it was Bottas who denied him Q2
I'm not sure that's true - Perez had done a quick lap, and whilst he reached the line before the chequered flag, it would have required his battery to still be fully charged - I have no confidence that the following lap would have been a quick push lap. (But happy to be corrected!)

I'm not sure that's true - Perez had done a quick lap, and whilst he reached the line before the chequered flag, it would have required his battery to still be fully charged - I have no confidence that the following lap would have been a quick push lap. (But happy to be corrected!)
Bottas was got through to Q2 and bumped Perez down to 16th. The fact Bottas had not enough fuel to take part in Q2. Perez must be wondering if the world is against him given he knew there then he would have have taken part

I think that the main thing preventing Checo from getting in to Q2 was Checo, he should never have been in a position to be dumped out, yet he was, in the best car. He can blame no one else.

i dont know why but i dont have the same confidence that its a done deal for max Verstappen today. because ive done very well betting wise ive doubled the funds in my betting account by putting it all on Verstappen in the last 5 races. when j was going to it today i just got a bad gut feeling

Last edited:
Judging by the post race coverage that was a great win for McLaren
I think this is the way to deal with the remainder of the season. Assume Red Bull have won the race and the title and then treat second place as the race winner.

LOL

I think the more interesting fact is the gap of the Red Bull win, Verstappen is usually plus 20 seconds over the second car which usually is his team mate when his qualifying is OK, this time it was less than 4 seconds, is the lack of wind tunnel time catching up with RB?

Can't say given the gap was up to 10 seconds before the SC so 20 seconds is the gap , we needed the rain today. I don't think Hamilton would have done much either in 2nd place to be honest given the RB is much better in the high speed corners than the Merc

I think the more interesting fact is the gap of the Red Bull win, Verstappen is usually plus 20 seconds over the second car which usually is his team mate when his qualifying is OK, this time it was less than 4 seconds, is the lack of wind tunnel time catching up with RB?
i think the gap is closing because everyone is bringing updates but red bull. & that was the hardest verstappen had to work for a victory all season. its the most ive seen of verstappen all season

but at the moment FIA idea of being lenient not to overpunish them has backfired.

Last edited:
i think the gap is closing because everyone is bringing updates but red bull. & that was the hardest verstappen had to work for a victory all season. its the most ive seen of verstappen all season

but at the moment FIA idea of being lenient not to overpunish them has backfired.
I think RB is using the little tunnel time it has for next year's car. They can afford to be caught up in the second half.

Driver of the week Lando no doubt

Piastri unlucky but for once Hamilton has a bit of luck queue the excuses from his detractors

Just read some snippets post race that typical dickless Horner says " We managed to get around Copse this time " and turd Helmut mentions at least " They did not have Hamilton next to Verstappen!"

Back
Top Bottom