YDT?

Let's be honest, the "Young" Driver test is a farce anyway when teams such as McLaren use professional, aging test drivers rather than taking the opportunity to try new, young drivers. It is a defacto in season test session and I think the FIA should reconsider the whole in-season test ban although avoid the situation we had a few years ago with Ferrari using their private test track day in and day out to blitz the field.

Fenderman I believe the only salient points are that Merc broke the rules they were found guilty and the punishment was and is a fair one.

Hamberg My view is not born out of the fact that Lewis drives for Merc in fact in 2007 when Lewis drove for McLaren I believe that McLaren were treated extremely unfairly by the FIA regardless of which drivers they employed....

And everybody, you all know my point of view I have said it often enough whether you agree with it or not is of no concern of mine, and since people can't discuss it without reverting to insults I think it is best I opt out of this one....

It's already back. There will be more tests coming this season I believe.

FB, McLaren are the only team who continually make a mockery of the Young Driver examinations. And it's fully their prerogative as Paffett and Turvey do not have enough time in F1 machinery to disqualify them. All the other outfits have historically fielded very young drivers for these tests. Mainly because inexperience is a pre-requisite.

Like I have said so often there is a certain demograph that will try and say and convince the rest of us that Mercedes gained nothing from the test even when the facts that they did are screaming at them, and this reasoning is based on nothing more than their support for a certain driver....

There were **** ups/assumptions/ambiguities the whole way. It's not that big a deal. They were banned from the YDT not the tyre test, they should be allowed to test the same amount as the other teams with their primary drivers.

I'm still seeing conflicting reports about the Silverstone Test. I read yesterday that Alonso will be attending because he will be able to try out updates. He said if was just tire testing, he would probably not attend. I thought it was finalized yesterday that teams will NOT be able to try out updates with their race drivers. Good thing the FIA's around to clear things up.....:twisted:

My understanding is that the teams are not allowed to add or remove parts whilst the current race drivers are testing, but they are allowed to make set up changes. so they could change camber/damper settings, but they could not run a new front wing.

Alonso -

“When we arrived [in Germany] on Thursday, the Silverstone test did not seem that important, because the race drivers were only meant to be testing the tires, but having heard what the FIA had to say, it’s been confirmed that we can test updates and this makes it a much more sensible proposition.”

“If I get the call from the team, I’m ready to go”.

http://motorsportstalk.nbcsports.com/2013/07/08/alonso-reconsiders-attending-silverstone-test/

Agreed, although they are not allowed to change parts during the test.

They could put Alonso in a car with next years nose, but they would not be able to change it for this years nose during the test.

That is my understanding.

Its a bit bollocks really.

Impossible to police. What's to stop them from saying that there is a broken bit that needs to be replaced. No new wings? Guess we have to go back to an old one.....

There was (and still is) only one sensible way to proceed. Give EVERY team a day of completely unregulated testing. It would be a first time this season for everyone involved.

This is getting a little farcial ...

I think they need to run the YDT and find a way to exclude RBR so Ferrari and Mercedes can catch up and make the second half of the season a true shootout ...

Yep... "let's go back to the start again ... what were we going to do" ?

Would be easier to run the YDT as a YDT with all teams... and then arrange a free for all two days of testing, exclude Mercedes and have them pay for it for as pennance for their "Pirelli test" ...

Mercedes offered to sit out the YDT. That should not change. Sorry, Sam.

Any testing not in direct correlation with the YDT is another matter. Race drivers testing updated race cars with the updated tires is so far beyond the scope of the YDT that the tests true aims are blindingly transparent.

Actually Batman the offence was dealt with in a lawful tribunal and so Ignorantia legis neminem excusat does apply and the offence was committed outside of a racing event and outside of the FIA's control. also a lot of English sports do in fact have laws and not rules, Rugby and golf to name but two, a professional golf player caught cheating will be banned for life from the sport absolutely no questions asked even if that player was Tiger Woods, and your analogy of a foul in football is erroneous a ref may give a red card at the time of the offence but the player can still face criminal proceedings outside of the sport, sportsmen and women are not above the law in terms of GBH, ABH and racial remarks made on the playing field, and I for one am glad of that..

I will let it slip that you have just insulted an entire nation with your comments about the English perspective on grounds of not wanting to develop hostilities across the pond.....

Maybe a football player should kick the shit out of another player and use the defence yeah but we were only playing a game and anyway I didn't know it was against the rules....

I have given you my reasons for rejecting your arguments and have been good enough to say that I understand your reasoning and logic, but your latest post only leaves me with the impression that, if it had been any team other than Mercedes under scrutiny then you would not be defending them in such a manner I can only assume also that this is because Lewis Hamilton drives for Merc...

edit

When a player is given a red card he is sent off this is a punishment and not a field leveling activity it punishes the player and the team.

I am English.

Back
Top Bottom