Things ... Welcome to the Future (2018 - 2019 Silly Season)

Status (I think)

Mercedes:
Hamilton
Bottas

Ferrari:
Vettel
Raikonnen/Leclerc/???

Red Bull:
Verstappen
Ricciardo?

Renault:
Hulkenberg
Sainz

McLaren:
Alonso?/???
Vandoorne?/???

Haas:
Grosjean
Magnussen

Toro Rosso:
Gasly
Hartley?

Sauber:
Ericsson
Leclerc?/???

Williams:
Stroll
Sirotkin

Lurking: Kubica

Bold = confirmed or under contract.

Le Clerc to Ferrari is pretty much a done deal

Raikkonen to Mclaren:facepalm::rolleyes: only because he happens to be a world champion who is at least 10 years past his best

If anything Mclaren should sign Kubica who will have a point to prove and he can't that much worse than Raikkonen

I thought the contract was drawn up and agreed, it just needs the ink to make Leclerc a Ferrari driver surely. My fingers are firmly crossed for that to happen.

Status (I think)

Mercedes:
Hamilton
Bottas

I didn't know Bottas was confirmed for 2019, ditto Hamilton hasn't signed his contract yet either has he? I know there is talk of one, but I wasn't aware it had been finalised. I mean you're most likely right and I've just missed it.

....If anything Mclaren should sign Kubica who will have a point to prove and he can't that much worse than Raikkonen

If last Friday's performance is anything to go by Kubica will be having difficulty holding on the his pit lane pass. Beaten convincingly by Stroll?

I didn't know Bottas was confirmed for 2019, ditto Hamilton hasn't signed his contract yet either has he? I know there is talk of one, but I wasn't aware it had been finalised. I mean you're most likely right and I've just missed it.

Niki Lauda announced on Austrian TV that it will be Hamilton and Bottas next year. I'm guessing he wasn't meant too but it's Niki Lauda so he does what be likes.

Hamilton/Bottas at Merc is done.

Kimi to McLaren, being replaced at Ferrari by Le Clerc.

Alonso to Renault is a very live rumour which means either Hulkenberg or Sainz looking for a new job.

Red Bull, I believe, have confirmed Verstappen and Retardo (just thought I'd add in my attempt at a childish nickname).

Bill Boddy

Still think it is worth a go

As things were settling down I wonder if both Hamilton and Ricciardo are having thoughts staying with their respective teams after today's race

I saw an uneasy side of Lewis today maybe it was the heat of the moment but the crucial thing was to try and finish ahead of Vettel which did not happen

Last edited:
Hamilton has a week to regroup before Silverstone. From past experience once he's unsettled like he was today, it can lead to errors on his part. As a Vettel fan I wouldn't be upset if that happened, obviously.

Oh and here in the UK we're in the middle of what we call a heatwave, it's been the driest June on record and is set to last at least until the middle of July. So to all you non UK members, please prepare yourself for the prospect of a dry British gp. I know, shocking idea isn't it?

As i put on british intro. Drivers are going to get a shock, its like turning up to spa, it being dry & 30c. Its not normal & tyre choice could be interesting as didnt they pick these in April 3 months before

Kimi i give up trying to guess i was wrong in 15 16 & 17 so could surprise me a 4th time in 2018. Also F1 2019 season to start a week earlier as Australian GP brought forward to help ease season congestion

Formula 1 2019 season to start earlier as Australian GP brought forward

You know its absolutely going to chuck it down now?

LOL

I'm sure you're right, I kind of hope it does. It would liven the race up a bit for sure, plus I don't live that far from Silverstone as the crow flies and my garden could do with some rain. LOL With Wimbledon and the British gp on, it has to rain doesn't it? It's the law I believe. :please:

Back
Top Bottom