Poll Was it on purpose?

Did Rosberg do it deliberately?

• Total voters
According to Warwick we just have to take Nico's word for it as the data was not black and white.

The BBC did a nice side by side shot after Quali.

MotorSport's Mark Hughes nonchalantly states;

That incident, which if you believe – as almost every other single driver in the paddock did – was deliberate, suggested the sort of resolve, ambition and thought of some other top players in the sport’s history when placed in similar situations.

http://www.motorsportmagazine.com/f1/reports/2014-monaco-gp-report/

We'll obviously never know one way or the other, but when such credible sources have no trouble entertaining the notion of a deliberate act, it provides a basis for the reasonable speculation that many people harbor.

In two weeks time this incident will be old news though.

That's not really fair FB, cause the track conditions can change drastically, just look at the 2005 Japanese quali.
And it's not that entertaining for the people watching.

I was just trying to elicit a response Bushi, not really a serious suggestion. However, a single lap with only one driver on the track does eliminate any chance that someone might "stall" at a corner to bring the red flags out. I really wouldn't want to go back to single lap qualifying though.

Why not go to having a single driver at a time on the circuit? It could be used for races as well, it would make them much fairer.:no:

Now there's an idea FB - send them off at 5s intervals, slowest first, you'd be guaranteed some overtaking then, particularly if you stick with the existing points system.

A 20 lap reverse finishing order race on Saturday to decide grid slots for Sunday? Are we getting off topic? Think this has been done to death now though.

Just in case anybody was still wondering... I only just downloaded the Onboard footage from Qualifying, and although it leaves something to be desired it can still shed some light here.

I had never actually seen footage of Hamilton going through the yellow zone and where Rosberg was when he did. Well here is a still shot showing where Nico was (video upon request)

Mon14HamRosYellow.jpg

As you can see he is parked up at the beginning of the escape road which required the waving yellow flags.

Also from the footage I discovered that 26 seconds elapsed from the time that Rosberg entered the escape road and Hamilton came upon the scene. The onboard was with Lewis so I'm not sure what maneuvers Nico was making during this period.

As you can see he is parked up at the beginning of the escape road which required the waving yellow flags.

Also from the footage I discovered that 26 seconds elapsed from the time that Rosberg entered the escape road and Hamilton came upon the scene. The onboard was with Lewis so I'm not sure what maneuvers Nico was making during this period.
Most likely he was backing up during those 26 seconds.

Question is also would yellow not have been waved if he stayed at the end of the escape road? Most likely there still would have been yellow imo, so it wouldn't really matter if he backed up or not. If he stays in a position were another car could crash into him, yellow flags would be out.

Anyway, I think it's quite usual that if someone gets off track, he tries to get back safely back on track ASAP. During that time usually yellow flags are out.

26 seconds seemed a bit long to me. It doesn't matter anyway though, Hamilton was unlikely to encounter a clear racetrack the moment Rosberg went up the escape road.

Back
Top Bottom