Vettel's next team mate SPECULATIONOMETER

Status
Not open for further replies.
No bickering here.

It is probably true that the Red Bull drivers are on a low base pay with a bonus scheme however my point still remains that Kimi will not go to Red Bull unless he's on at least the exact same package as him and thats why I said that money is an issue. Kimi won't give an inch on status and why should he?

Because he hasn't been as successful as the two German drivers mentioned previously?

Because he hasn't been as successful as the two German drivers mentioned previously?

I see what your saying but the other argument is that he is being hired to do the same job as them and wishes to have the same pay. accepting less would indicate he's accepting second statusvin the team. I'm not arguing who deserves what I just saying Kimi's money issue with Red Bull will be don't label me number 2.

I know Nico Rosberg has something in his contract that no other driver at the team is allowed to be on more than him.

Well it would appear from Jens salary thread above, that Lewis Hamilton is on substantially more than Nico Rosberg.

Yeah I saw that but I know it was talked about when Lewis signed for them something was brokered somewhere.

Good pick with Ricciardo.....hopefully will keep Kimi at Lotus, and if Felipe loses his ride with the Scuderia, a great seat then for Hulkenberg.

"he was been lined up to PLACE Mark Webber"

Planet F1 are awful awful jornalists!

Anyways if Ricciardo is confirmed its all boring boring boring as it'll mean no shuffle what so ever. Kimi and Grosjean will stay at Enstone and Ferrari will either hang on to Massa or pop in Bianchi to play number two. If they'd wanted to bring in Hulkenberg they'd have done it last year and they obviously don't want a driver who might rock the Fernando boat.

Agreed, but then that's not what RB wanted, they want to continue with the Vettel "brand".

I'm going to stick my neck out and say they prob did speak to Kimi but weren't prepared to match his terms for a 'second' driver. He has been pretty down on the move for a while but then if you knew they only wanted you as number 2 then you would.

If your JEV you have to be going "I beat him on points last year, I'm ahead of him this, I have Torro Rosso's highest post Vettel result..........is it coz I is French?"

Maybe Ricciardo is the next big thing and you are all being unnecessarily hash on the lad? As I've said before, what is the point of the RB young driver program if they don't promote drivers to the main team? As for Kmi, yeah maybe he would have pushes Vettel closer but that's something none of us will ever know and we're not going to find out now.

Maybe they feel that Ricciardo is just inherently faster than Vergne (as shown by their qualifying positions) and that fits the way they set their car up or they think they can improve his race form.

Anyway I always thought he was a cool guy so I'm happy for him.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom