The Olympics 2012

Pistorius is a legend for making it but the BBC were talking about a serious point earlier. Right now he is barely qualifying for the fast events but how long before the technology in his artificial limbs come on and he is able to start competing in the finals and for the medals.

If he took bronze or higher one day there will be questions asking if the artificial limbs are just aiding him or if they are helping him go faster than he would be able to naturally.

Why am I not surprised none of the commentators mentioned the bottle?

They obviously saw it so I suspect they have been told not to discuss it for fear of damaging the reputation of the games.

They had a Dutch runner so that's odd.
Although he's originally from Dutch Antilles so who knows why they chucked it, if they did.

Looking at tweets going around apparently the security guard moved as fast as bolt did. Will we get an answer on who did it or will it be covered up for the good of the games.

Bottle-thrown-onto-track--008.jpg

2 things from this, clearly the bottle in Blake's lane but look at Bolt's take off leg, he has to bend it so far just try and get a half decent take off, you always need short steps for the start and long strides don't help!

Edith doesn't come off looking so good in that report I'm guessing it is just sound bites that are being reported on what she said and taken completely out of context as always by the press to make her look bad, sometimes I despair at the gutter press in this country, and it is even worse when the BBC report it like that, she never beat him up! a slap is not beating someone up, I'll bet he doesn't have a mark on him....

Back
Top Bottom