Music The Music Thread

I stumbled across 4x4=12 a couple of years back and got hooked pretty quickly. It was my go to album to wash out the "give up on revision" demon on my shoulder when it turned up.

Well it would be quite hard to like a perverted son of a bitch like Jonathan King I wish he would piss off to the fucking moon and live there and take Gary fucking Glitter with him....

Mephistopheles that's true but there's a lot of difference between the music and performance on one hand and the somethimes lurid and often revolting private life of the performer subsequently revealed, on the other.
Jonathan King was just a shit performer of shit music so it always was OK to diss him, for that reason.
Gary Glitter and the Glitter Band were quite rightly a popular glam rock act of that era. We now know he's a convicted pervert, but let's not rewrite history, otherwise we'd have to now shun all the music of all the drug addicts, alcoholics, those with criminal convictions or unsavoury promiscuous sexual appetites, I mean, where does it end?
No Eric Clapton, no Alice Cooper, no The Who, no Motorhead or Lemmy, no Black Sabbath or Ozzy, no Elton John, no Rolling Stones,............
That'll leave only Val Doonican and Des O'Connor, and if that's all that's left that we're allowed to like then we might as well all turn up our toes.

EDIT #574 - nothing wrong with a lot of Abba - well crafted and well performed pop songs, good catchy stuff with barely a bum note in their whole catalogue.

EDIT or EDIT - I liked and still liked Gary Glitter music but just to prevent him making any money from me I won't be buying any or listening to any music source that'll have to pay him royalties or needle time.

Mephistopheles fair point but while you were posting that I was posting my edit-of-edit, we're pretty much "on the same page".
BTW surely it's 'perverted' in the case of Glitter rather than 'perverse' which has a different meaning (sorry that sounds a bit grammar police but there is genuinely a massive difference between their meanings)

Back
Top Bottom