Music The Music Thread

Bollocks to all the discussion about people-we-used-to-like-but-we-can't-any-more-because-they-ve-been-outed-as-perverts, this one puts a smile on my face.

EDIT: This is the track, it's not the rather anodyne version used in the TV commercial - for a cruise company - that it might remind you of, this one has a bit of an edge, and all the better for it.

There are times when you despair of tribute bands and cover artists but just occasionally, once in a decade, you come across a tribute band tht you really, REALLY like.
Here's one of mine, it's a DP cover band called Purple In Rock and here they are doing two of my favourite DP tracks (though I have about 10 other all-time DP favourites).

PS If you ever get a chance to see Bryan Adams Experience live somewhere in Europe don't miss it, very close to the original. They also were the first band ever to perform live in Heathrow Terminal 5. (They were stranded by weather on their way back from a gig in the Azores and thought "fuck it, let's play", and so they did !)

Blimey, it's your man Irishgreen crawled out from under a shamrock.
Good to see you, it's been a long time.
Just very quickly before the Mods get all heavy and start reading the riot act about being off topic, how's yourself?

Yes, the video is crackers but the song is great and contains some of my favorite lyrics of all time:

"Nothing worth having comes without some kind of fight, got to kick at the darkness 'til it bleeds daylight"

Don't you just love it when you hear a track that catches your attention, AND from a band you have never even heard of. Then you go looking for an album, you find one, you buy it and every single track is awesome..I mean just genius. You listen to it over and over and over. A truly original girl rock band, raw, talented, passionate and dirty and you think I need more, this band is just amazing. You go looking for another album and find that the one you are listening to is from 2001.... Wikipedia calls. Then you find the lead singer was killen by a drunk driver in New Orleans in December 2001............ :censored: just :censored:

Turns out the band in question Betty Blowtorch split up after Bianca Halstead (butthole) was killed age just 34. In 2003 they released an album in her memory of various live tracks and studio sets. I'm gutted, best band I have found for years and its over. Go buy 'Are you man enough' by Betty Blow Torch you won't regret it.

The two tracks below have explicit lyrics (as do all their tracks) and should not be view by those who are easily offended or under the age of consent. Rock on.

Back
Top Bottom