Music The Music Thread

This isn't part of the Insect Collection, but does contain little critters... the little critters in this video landed on the wrong part of Planet Earth... all the people are too busy to notice them... :( .. what they could have done with are some nice friendly insects....

The Insect/Arachnid/Invertebrate Collection *
* I may just call this collection "The Insect Collection", for convenience sake.....

Welcome to the Fourth and penultimate episode of the Insect Collection. The stars of the show this time include: a couple of nice, cuddly, characters (OK, cuddly might be stretching the truth a bit) and a nasty!

** WARNING **
If there are any potential arachnophobes watching then, oh dear, you may have a problem..!

Now that's clear, on with the collection.

R:

Redback on the Toilet Seat by Slim Newton

red-back-spider.jpg

I should note, in a bid for some sympathy, that I'm scared of spiders. So when I came to choose the picture for this particular entry, having a page full of the pictures on google made my skin crawl..!!! :o

S:

Young by Silkworm (featuring Kelly Hogan on vocals)

Silkworms.jpeg

Interesting Silkworm fact:
Like many insect species, silkworm pupae are eaten in some cultures (see Entomophagy). In Korea they are boiled and seasoned to make a popular snack food known as beondegi. In China street vendors sell roasted silkworm pupae. Silkworms have also been proposed for cultivation by astronauts as space food on long-term missions.
Quote Source - Wikpedia Silkworm

T:

Devils by The Termites

Termite_mound.jpeg
Termite Mound

U:

Siegried Palm plays Kagel Unguis incarnates est

The insect connection for U, is a moth - Tolpia Unguis. Wiki-page

tolpia Unguis.jpeg

You would not believe how difficult it was to find an insect connection for U! :crazy: I'm not embarrassed about how bad the music clip is, or about how tenuous the link may be... :dontmentionit:

V:

Viceroy by Ahkmed

Viceroy Butterfly - Wiki page

Viceroy.jpeg

Look, it's a pretty butterfly! Ahhhhh! :)

So, we end the fourth episode on a nice and cheery note, after a few scary moments. I'm sure no-one has been scarred for life though...hopefully! :unsure:

Thank you for watching and, as I expect you've all noticed, the next and final episode will be for the entries W through to Z. ... Ace!! Don't hold your breath..

The Insect/Arachnid/Invertebrate Collection *
* I may just call this collection "The Insect Collection", for convenience sake.....

This is the final instalment of the The Insect/Arachnid/Invertebrate thread. Long awaited for many reasons, but let me tell you, by none more so than me!

This chapter was the most difficult, but also the most enlightening...

So, to start with..

W:

Boll Weevil by Eddie Cochran

boll_weevil.jpg
Boll Weevil

Boll Weevil >> Wiki source

I found loads of stuff for Wasp, but the music was :censored:

X:

This letter was an absolute nightmare! I searched and searched, but to no avail..!

As not posting an entry would be bad form, I give you this..

CAPRICORNE XYLOPHAGE raleur.MPG

That critter was pretty cute! If someone poked me with a stick, I'd squeak too!

Y:

Yellow Jacket by The Ventures

Yellow Jackets, I hear you cry, well read on...

Wiki page >> Yellow Jacket

Yellow Jacket.jpeg
Yellow Jacket

Z:

Ha! Bet you all thought I'd struggle with z... well, I did! LOL

However...If I can ask you to click on the link below, then click play below the title track/artist name, then you will be rewarded with the final track of the Insect Collection....

Two Days of Freedom by Zebra Butterfly

http://www.reverbnation.com/artist/song_details/3659665

Zebra Butterfly.jpeg

Unfortunately, I am unable to imbed the above track, but the link is sound..:)

Well, there you have it. A collection of music which not everyone likes, artist's of which not everyone's heard of (let alone like), and yet encompassing a common creepy feeling whenever you think about it..!

Sounds good to me....!! dancing2.gif

I Got Your Number---Cock Sparrer

Thank Jackass 3 for this song making this thread; there's a skit in the movie that Johnny Knoxville & Co. do, entitled "Master Blaster" involving members of the Jackass crew, a jet airplane's exhaust draft.............ehh, you get the idea...... :givemestrength:

Opening Segment, "Master Blaster" skit from Jackass 3

Back
Top Bottom