Music The Music Thread

Jen - You missed Lady Gaga... How COULD you...?
Sorry, AXLE - my parents weren't into LG?

This was just a selection of 'tunes' that filled my childhood home - some I still like, some I can't stand - they all hold memories though.

Aye, I'm a big fan of the man and posted a thread about it unless it's been deleted. Great poet, thinker and composer. If anybody sees his 2010 album "I'm New Here" buy it immediately. Don't listen to abit at a time, listen to it all the way through in one in optimum conditions then share it with those who you think would appreciate it...got that from a message inside the album cover.

Coincidentally one of the tracks is called "New York Is Killin Me"

Lets not have anything involving Jamie XX please.

As some of you maybe aware it is only a few weekends until Glastonbury and I'm getting ready for a week of slumming it in a mud filled tent.

In honour of this I'm going to run a series of video's from some of the well known and not so well known bands at this years event.

1st up a selection from some of the bands who will be performing on the Pyramid Stage.

Two Door Cinema Club

Morrissey

Wu-Tang Clan

U2

Pendulum​

Next weekend I'll be bringing you some of the act's I'll be looking forward to seeing on The Other Stage.​

music, now that's my thang! i like the "classic" era rock bands. AC/DC, Iron Maiden, Whitesnake, Skid Row, Guns'n'Roses, Def Leppard, Aerosmith, BonJovi (pre 1994), Van Halen. you get the picture. as my name and my avatar suggests, i play too. my band Skeleton Crew UK is very much in the style of what i've listed and yeah, i can solo with the best of them (not surprising when you consider i've been playing since '86) i really REALLY dont like whats coming out these days. i find it all dull and uninspiring. the truly awful thing is that week in week out i play on shows that have unsigned bands that are 100 times better than whats being pushed onto us by media outlets. what the record companies are up to is beyond me. the British Isles for 30 years provided the best, most diverse,and most popular bands in the world but now....nothing. the talent is still out there but its being ignored. go see bands play, help spread the word. stop the music industry from dying on its feet, and be quick, its on critical life support as it is. oh yeah..... www.skeletoncrewrocks.com is the place where you'll find that rock band that Britain has desperately needed since 1990

I'm more of an old rock lover over modern music, but what do you old timers make of this?
It's modern, but it ain't bad. Although The Black Keys more recent stuff is nowhere near as good in my opinion.

Anyway, bcause I haven't listened to it in ten minutes, back the way I came....
They never do it the same way twice I tell you whut!

Nice choices there Grizz, I just wanna give you a great big bear hug.:friends:

Just approach with caution, i have unpredictable mood swings and carry a chainsaw:friends:

Where the heck is Lizzie???

If the list went any further than those four, it would need to be a mile long, however since you mention it, we'll drop my fav cover of theirs in.

My mum used to hang out with those boys believe it or not Axle and she ran the student bars at her uni so they used to play there 2-3 times a year. She told me that when i was about 10 years old, dancing round the kitchen to boys are back in town.LOL

Edit! - I don't know if this is a good version, i don't like to put the sound on in the office...

I actually meant Lizziedrip32...

Anyway - I remember Phil Lynott asking the girls in the audience if they had any Irish in them. Then he asked them if they'like a bit more Irish in them...

I asked no questions! Except about the music of course, like was he any good in the flesh? how big was his instrument? or how long did a performance last?

:o

Back
Top Bottom