The London 2012 Paralympics

I reckon they must have a wind machine on that flag because as it was being raised it lead there like a limp dick and on the crescendo of the music it stood to attention as ordered...:snigger:

To be fair to Channel 4, once I was able to abandon the online stream and regain control of the TV I thought they did a decent job. Adverts were few and far between, in fact I believe there were no adverts after the parade of athletes coming in to the stadium, and they resisted the temptation to talk over everything.

As for the ceremony itself, from what I saw it seemed like a fitting and powerful display and no less of a spectacle than the Olympic ceremonies. In fact, it almost seemed like a continuation of those ceremonies, highlighting notable British figures like Stephen Hawking.

The good thing was that it didn't seem like an afterthought, although I personally preferred the Olympics one (but that could be because it had more money to spend).

There is a very marked difference here with regards to the number of visitors compared to the main Olympics.

Not even 5% of the traffic I would say; whether that is a combination of the weather, day of the week or something else, who knows.

Wow just watched a bit of the basketball and the weightlifting and I'm still in disbelief of the performances of these athletes. There are guys weighing 48kg lifting 150kg and the basketballers are controlling the ball the wheelchair and their mind (tactic-wise) at the same time. That's simply stunning.

Thoroughly enjoyed watching the Paralympics so far, some of these guys are just astonishing. The reception for Hannah Cockcroft was astonishing and she didn't let anyone down - first track gold for team GB. I couldn't help but wonder if the guy with one whole leg and blade doing the long jump hurt the end of his amputated leg when he landed in the pit. Looking forward to the wheelchair diving :snigger: Sorry, I'll get me coat...

Back
Top Bottom