The London 2012 Paralympics

Some commentators did explain that some of the events are very difficult for competitors with learning disability, because they have to think of too many things at the same time.
Sir Jackie Stewart is Dyslexic and has done a lot to help people understand that the way the brain works is not the same, not thick just different. He was told at school that he would ..come to nothing!

Golds galore for Team GB - inspirational stuff from all of those involved, especially Will Bayley's silver in the table tennis

The Paralympics is leaving me more awe-struck than the Olympics did.
The sheer guts and determination of some of these athletes should be held as a beacon to the countries so obsessed with body image & looks.
And they almost always compete & finish with a smile.
May I offer my congratulations to the GB ladies 4x100m relay team who despite fluffing the changeover still got (by the skin of their teeth) a bronze & looked absolutely delighted - that's the spirit gals!
Can't wait to see what joys we see today...

Ex F1 and Indy Champ, Alex Zanardi goes in the hand bikes at Brands Hatch today. He is one of the best in the world in his class so could be on for a medal. I hope he gets gold as the man is an insperation.

Wonderful aside from one of the commentators the other night "Well, Christiano Ronaldo, if you're really that unhappy at Real Madrid perhaps you should come and watch these guys competing". Reality check time...

Go Zanardi. I'm going to buy his autobiography in a few years when he can reminisce on this achievement - although I may just buy the one out now. What an inspiration!

Back
Top Bottom