Cricket The Ashes 2013

Here's an example of a '6', this was done in the World Cup T20 final (20 over cricket) where you will see more aggressive cricket, some mega awesome moments, but some really retarded moments:

An example of a '4':

This is an 'lbw':

Batsman running to get runs, the fielders are trying to hit the stumps, but it gets a bit comical:

This is just a beast at the top of his game:

There are 11 ways to lose a wicket as a batsman:

1. Bowled - Ball knocks off the bales straight from delivery.
  2. Timed Out - You take too long to face the ball!
  3. Caught - Ball off bat caught on the full
  4. Handled the Ball
  5. Hit the Ball Twice - Second time deliberately
  6. Hit Wicket - Batsman knocks off the bales with his body trying to play at the ball
  7. Leg Before Wicket - Ladies & Gentlemen - Shane Watson
  8. Obstructing the Field
  9. Run Out - Out of crease when running and bales knocked down
  10. Stumped - Wicketkeeper breaks stumps with batsman out of crease playing shot
  11. Retired - Left the field, did not return!

Thanks guys. Chris Gayle seems like an absolute beast. Also what is with British sports and wearing white? (I'm thinking Wimbledon here to go with the Test cricket) Is it like a showcase of how dirty you got?

They wear white so that they can see the red ball more easily soccerman17. They use a white ball in the games where they wear coloured outfits. As for Wimbledon, no idea. Think it might be to do with the ball colour as well but probably because the All England Club is stuck in the 19th century.

Chris Gayle seems like an absolute beast.

He's not a guy who you would want to have a fight with on or off the pitch.

Here is a once in a lifetime innings, it might have been against a weak bowling attack, but no one else has done it, and this is done in 20 overs cricket where centuries (100+ runs) are hard to come by.

Infact, his own total is enough, it is a very good score in 20 overs for a team let alone an individual, a teams average in this format is usually 150-160 runs in 20 overs, this guy hits 175 runs in 11 overs by himself in this clip!

Last edited:
That was the last T20 World Cup I think.

I remember the 2009 World Cup semi final, Sri Lanka got three lucky wickets in the first over, Gayle was left by himself, made 63 runs while no one else reached double figures, it was quite sad to watch, was hoping for a West Indies vs Pakistan final, two of my three favourite teams along with New Zealand.

All three put up a fight despite lacking in resources compared to the others.

That is a bad bad man. Nothing even compares to that display of power. Nothing in MLB that I can think of unless we go back to the PED era. Or Bo Jackson. Closest you can come is the Home Run Derby!

soccerman17:
Cricket: As explained to a foreigner...
You have two sides, one out in the field and one in. Each man that's in the side that's in goes out, and when he's out he comes in and the next man goes in until he's out. When they are all out, the side that's out comes in and the side that's been in goes out and tries to get those coming in, out. Sometimes you get men still in and not out.
When a man goes out to go in, the men who are out try to get him out, and when he is out he goes in and the next man in goes out and goes in. There are two men called umpires who stay out all the time and they decide when the men who are in are out.
When both sides have been in and all the men have been out, and both sides have been out twice after all the men have been in, including those who are not out, that is the end of the game.
Unless it rains in which case both sides are out and they all go in for a cup of tea and draw is declared..

Last edited:
Duckworth-Lewis method
The basic principle is that each team in a limited-overs match has two resources available with which to score runs: wickets remaining, and overs to play. Where overs are lost, setting an adjusted target is not as simple as to reduce the batting team's run target proportionally, because a team batting second with ten wickets in hand and 25 overs to play can be expected to play more aggressively than one with ten wickets and a full 50 overs, and can consequently achieve a higher run rate. The Duckworth–Lewis method is an attempt to set a statistically fair target for the second team's innings, based on the score achieved by the first team, taking their wickets lost and overs played into account.
****ed if I know...:dunno:

Back
Top Bottom