The 2014 Calendar

This Ferrari could make a comeback though.

Goodwood_Festival_Of_Speed_2013-024.jpg

Probably not. But if you swapped Italy and Britain we could go to Canada in mid September then we could go U.S, Brazil, Singapore, Japan, Russia, Abu Dhabi.

At least it would kind of going round the world instead of back and forth!

Last edited:
I don't think the people want to go on an annual 'round the world trip' lasting 9 months every year. I think going back and forth is just people going home to their families (and factories) occasionally. :)

So you don't think it might cut costs if the equiptment used wasn't lugged all the way from Monaco to Canada just to be brought back to Austria again?

I understand people will need to go home but fuel rigs? tyre racks? Tv equiptment? All sorts don't. It would surely cut the costs of running F1 if the calender was arranged in geographical order as much as possible. Not to mention the global footprint.

But then look who owns the transport companies and collects the cash from it all.

Last edited:
I don't know mate, but I think they pretty much tear everything down, clean and rebuild in between races. Maybe some of the stuff you could, but there is so much that has to return to base that it might be the case that it's not worth it?

I agree that Canada could do with a partner. I'm keen on NJ because I'm going to be living there soon enough so I've got my fingers crossed that does get sorted out!

The above series of posts are all valid arguments and I would imagine that, regardless of my generally low opinion of it, the calendar represents the compromise the organisers had to arrive at. They could have made a better it, I feel.

The cullender sorry calendar is worked around not clashing with other forms of motorsport and major sporting events be it time of day or empty weekends and so I would imagine some this has an effect on the way it is laid out...

And a sincere apology for my bloody awful joke earlier...:snigger:

Last edited:
Titch you say potato and all that...;)

World English Dictionary
colander or cullender (ˈkɒləndə, ˈkʌl-)
n
a pan with a perforated bottom for straining or rinsing foods
[C14 colyndore, probably from Old Provençal colador, via Medieval Latin, from Late Latin cōlāre to filter,from Latin cōlum sieve]
cullender or cullender
n
[C14 colyndore, probably from Old Provençal colador, via Medieval Latin, from Late Latin cōlāre to filter,from Latin cōlum sieve]

cullender (ˈkʌlɪndə)
n
a variant of colander

gethinceri you've been out SPAGed by Mephistopheles!

Hang your head in shame! Hang it I say!

As for the F1 I'm just glad Bahrain didn't get its way and get the opener from Australia. I notice Abu Dhabi has sneaked back to last race though.

As for not having the US race next to Canada. It seems obvious to me that Bernie is trying to engineer the title to be decided in the US for the publicity so has stick it three from the end.

Back
Top Bottom