The 2014 Calendar

BZKsbS6CYAEmJBV.jpg

The latest leaked one via tgruener

EDIT: I don't know if that's the actual guy who posted it, or just another user with the same name as his twitter!!

Last edited:
I'm sure Bernie makes up a list of rich people in the world (Carlos Slim, Russian oligarchs, Arab sheikhs), then floats the idea of a grand prix in that country in the hope that said rich person will say 'hell yeah' and donate lots of money. lots of which ends up with Bernie. It's quite a good ploy actually.

It's a tough business being a race promoter. Interesting read here from the Formula Money people: http://www.scribd.com/doc/185533550/F1-Wealth-Creation . They are basically claiming that you can't do a race without some kind of state funding or a sugar daddy.

I think one of the reasons why people are still backing the New York race is that they are trying to do it without state support on a matter of principle. It's an interesting experiment - can F1 races make money in established economies where governments aren't paying for the attention?

In some ways the future direction of the sport will be determined by that answer.

Pity that New Jersey is off again, it would be so amazing for a race with the Hudson River and Manhattan Island in the background. Not to mention the circuit is a beauty and access is so easy.

No Korea: meh
No India: meh
No Mexico: would have been nice to see that place back

Gaps between the races next year are much better than this year. Other than the 4 week summer break only 1 gap of 3 weeks China - spain all the others are just 1 or 2 weeks. Much better.

16/03 Australia
2 weeks
30/03 Malaysia
1 week
06/04 Bahrain
2 weeks
20/04 China
3 weeks
11/05 Spain
2 weeks
25/05 Monaco
2 weeks
08/06 Canada
2 weeks
22/06 Austria
2 weeks
06/07 Great Britain
2 weeks
20/07 Germany
1 week
27/07 Hungary
4 week
24/08 Belgium
2 weeks
07/09 Italy
2 weeks
21/09 Singapore
2 weeks
05/10 Japan
1 week
12/10 Russia
3 weeks
02/11 United States
1 week
09/11 Brazil
2 weeks
23/11 Abu Dhabi

Edit : dam russia - USA is a 3 week gap as well isn't it.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom