The 2014 Calendar

According to Adam Cooper's Twitter feed, races live only on Sky Sports F1 in the UK are Australia, Bahrain, China, Monaco, Austria, Germany, Hungary, Singapore, USA and Brazil. So 3 out of the first 4 won't be on the BBC. Thankfully Australia is though.

[edit] Trust me to trust a journalist and not check my facts! Of course 3 of the first 4 will on BBC (Aus, China, Bahrain), not 1 of 4.

Last edited:
How can they not agree to both channels showing the season "book-ends" live. I mean the season opener at least has to be a must doesn't it? As far as I'm concerned Sky can keep the closer but you never know how the season will turn out! :givemestrength::facepalm:

You can always download quali, race,forum,......in whatever quality you want. ;)
It ain't live, but for me that doesn't matter anymore.

Yep - I started doing that towards the end of the season because I didn't like the BBC coverage and and the Sky uploads became available around the time the BBC highlights programme came on. Will do this next year.

Quite used to missing races live as my old job required working on a lot of weekends through the summer. It's somewhat ironic that this season I have had my weekends (Friday through Sunday) free to watch as I please, yet I have missed more live coverage than for many a year. Mostly I put that down to falling :sleeping: in the middle of it! :rolleyes:

They should show the 'longer races' such as Monaco and Singapore live and have the shorter races such as Italy as highlights.

But the Italian GP is special so I can understand why the BBC want to cover it. Not that I'll be watching on their mind...

Back
Top Bottom