The 2010 season

cosicave said:
Congratulations and apologies...
I'm sorry if this is not following any developing theme, or disruptive from not being related to the last post by snowy. But once again, I feel I really should congratulate the author of this article for his simply excellent work.

But my apologies are really for not having noticed this thread before and not using "Clip The Apex" as much as I should! There is so much stuff here to learn, but everything I come across is hitting a level of comprehensive excellence rarely seen.

Thankyou for everyone putting the hours in to make this such a rewarding site to use.
Especially Brogan.

Well said :goodday:

It's probably the best F1 site and forum around.

snowy said:
The last volcanic eruption in the Eyjafjallajoekull area occurred in 1821.

And it lasted 2 years!

Expect the unexpected.

Worse than that.

The last time Eyjafjallajökull went off in 1823, it's big brother, Katla, did a lot of global cooling and basically pissed on everything in it's path. Including aeroplanes. Sure, you may say they weren't invented in 1823 but who cares? Facts don't count when it comes to shit-your-pants-mother-nature's-angry theories.

Enja said:
The last time Eyjafjallajökull went off in 1823, it's big brother, Katla, did a lot of global cooling and basically pissed on everything in it's path. Including aeroplanes. Sure, you may say they weren't invented in 1823 but who cares? Facts don't count when it comes to shit-your-pants-mother-nature's-angry theories.

That is incorrect, Enja. Aeroplanes were invented in 1789 by German engineer Otto von Uppengöen and first flown from a military base just outside Gelsenkirchen. The aeronautical industry boomed in Westphalia and was brought abroad by such pioneers as French entrepeneur François Voleurdavion and Italian general Bombardare I. Nemici.

This expansion was however halted in 1823 after the Katla eruption, and part of the Treaty of London of 1839 buried the secret of aeronautical travel, and created a new country to protect the secrets.

There have been disagreements though. In 1914, the German government thought the Wright Brother's discovery of the plane had ensured that Belgium was not needed to keep the secret. The British government disagreed necessitating the UK's descent into World War One. H.H. Asquith noted that the secret coming out would 'devastate' the fledgling aeronautical (2) industry.

Had it not been for the intervention of Heinz Harold Asquith the secret formula 2 would not have spawned WW2 which was later rebadged GP2 when they inverted the wings. In an effort to rekindle the animosity between Britain and Germany the Great Grandson of von Uppengöen relaunched Formula 2, so far it has not taken off. Due mainly to the retention of the inverted wing and the Global downturn. :goodday:

The F1 trucks arrive in Monaco. And according to the picture comments, this is the Mercedes Grand Prix truck(s).
The question is... What is wrong with this picture? LOL

Attachments

• mgp.jpg
    mgp.jpg
    49.3 KB · Views: 121
BTW, an interesting thing about podiums in 2010 thus far:
Podiums:

Button 2
Hamilton 2
Rosberg 2
Vettel 2
Webber 2
Massa 2
Alonso 2
--------------------------
Kubica 1

I love how egalitarian the chaos has made this season, but no-one has more than 2 podiums! Expect a Sutil/Schumacher/Kubica podium in Monte Carlo*!

*Don't hold your breath.

Another slightly odd statistic is that McLaren, Ferrari and Red Bull have each had a 1-2 finish within the first 4 races.

Brogan said:
Another slightly odd statistic is that McLaren, Ferrari and Red Bull have each had a 1-2 finish within the first 4 races.

All these odd statistics i had noticed but here's another that matches... Only 3 drivers have finished in the points in all races so far.

Button
Webber
Massa

A Mclaren, a Ferrari and a Red Bull.

I'm off to watch another episode of the twilight zone :whistle:

slickskid said:
snowy said:
The other McLaren, the other Red Bull and the other Ferrari, in fact! :thinking:

I'd agree that would be what is generally considered as the B team

And now I can't wait for Lewis, Fernando and Sebastian to do a remake of the A team!

teabagyokel said:
slickskid said:
snowy said:
The other McLaren, the other Red Bull and the other Ferrari, in fact! :thinking:

I'd agree that would be what is generally considered as the B team

And now I can't wait for Lewis, Fernando and Sebastian to do a remake of the A team!

Vettel/Murdoch
images

Alonso/Face
images

Bernie/Hannibal
images

Those I can believe...

but Hamilton??
images

Bar the last 15 laps in Bahrain, Red Bull have led every lap in a dry race this season, and Mark Webber has led every lap of the last two Grand Prix.

Red Bull have led 71.1% of total laps this season, compared with:

2009 Brawn 41%
2008 Ferrari 48.3%

2004 Ferrari 70
2002 Ferrari 79.4
1998 McLaren 68.6
1996 Williams 75.4
1992 Williams 83.7
1989 McLaren 71.7
1988 McLaren [i]97.3[/i] (!)

1963 Lotus 71.5
1955 Mercedes 89.1*