Football The 2010 Football World Cup Thread

Brogan said:
Some bad language in the subtitles so watch with caution.

Thats some funny stuff LOL

It never ceases to amaze me how foreigners seem to pick up the more colourful side of our language so easily.

Also i had wondered what what going on with pearce disapearing rapidly from the dugout with a slightly disgruntled look after the final whistle. That just answered it quite well LOL

:censored: :givemestrength: :censored: :givemestrength: :censored: :givemestrength: :censored:

Five minutes in and the U.S. allows Ghana to take an early 1-0 lead.............WTH?
I mean, when are they going to learn that you don't concede goals like that and expect to advance far................ :o :o :o :o :o :o

Penalty Kick!! Penalty Kick for the U.S.!!!!
Donovan to take the shot..............and he scores! Landon Donovan scores on the penalty kick and its' now all level 1-1........ :)

But the match isn't over yet...........27 minutes+ remaining in the second half.
But WTG USA!!!

Well, the American run is over. Ghana wins 2-1. :(

But let's not forget; the American squad fought and fought the whole 120+ minutes. They kept digging, kept scrapping, kept fighting but they never lost hope. Sure, they lost this go-round, but they won their group and brought some well-needed excitement and optimism to Americans from coast to coast. :)

To both teams I say, Salud! and good luck to the Ghanese squad in the Round of Eight.

There is a scar across US soccer :snigger: that reads "GHANA"! To be defeated by the same team at consecutive World Cups is a bummer to all concerned.

No African side has ever played a semi-final, Uruguay haven't played one for 40 years. The First Kings of World Football are back.

So, the Three Lions vs the Eagle. A 50/50 flip-of-a-coin type game. They've met before at the World Cup...

1966 - England 4-2 W. Germany (aet) - Wembley
1970 - England 2-3 W. Germany (aet) - Leon
1982 - England 0-0 W. Germany - Madrid
1990 - England 1-1 W. Germany (aet, W. Germany win 4-2 on pens) - Turin.

So how will the Battle In Bloemfontain add to these results. Another draw?

Well that is blatant.

The ball was half a metre over the line.

The referee should be removed from the game.

If England lose this game by a goal then it will forever be an invalid result.

:censored: :censored: :o :o :o

Bring instant replay to the World Cup, FIFA!
The more I see that blown call of a goal, the more I'm convinced they need instant replay. How many times in this World Cup have we seen a goal dis-allowed over blown or bad calls?

As far as I am concerned this match and the rest of the World Cup are now invalid.

It should have been 2-2 at half time which would have changed the whole context of the game.

It may even have stayed 2-2 and gone to penalties.

As it was, England were forced to go after the third second goal and we saw the result.

Justice for '66! :D

Just backs the argument for goal line technology really.

To be honest though, England have been poor throughout the tournament and it was no different today. When the third went in they seemed to give up the fight.

Great day for the Germans!

Agreed on all counts.

The only decent game England had was their last group game.

In this one they were as dire as their first 2 group games.

This picture explains why the goal wasn't given.

1277650995551.jpg

Once again the English public will bemoan the officials and ignore the fundamental deficiencies in the ability of the players that gave us this result. OK, it was a terrible non-decision, but it can't overshadow what was a woeful display.

The FA are happy to throw endless amounts of money at Wembley and put this Bronze Generation of players into the finest hotels, but plans for a National Academy for young players are at a standstill after 13 years of arguing. If they can't get their priorities right, this will be the last knockout match England play for a while.

Back
Top Bottom