Football The 2010 Football World Cup Thread

cider_and_toast said:
As for Gerrard, I'm no expert but I'm sure that he doesn't play as a left winger for Liverpool so why was he playing in that position for England?

I've been doing extensive research on this particular issue, and I have found how Gerrard plays for Liverpool. "Badly!"

cider_and_toast said:
Rooney was a strange one because I don't think there was anyone who would have said that he shouldn't have been in the starting line up

It seems to work well when clubmates are parachuting in. So Crouch-Defoe may have been a better option.

However, when it came down to it I'd have probably said Rooney to start with, but after Algeria I would have gone to Plan B!

FB said:
Isn't schadenfreude great :D
Does he play for Germany?

Oxo have launched a new cube.

It's white with a red cross and it crumbles in the box.

They're calling it the Laughing Stock :D

I thought Yaya Toure had already signed? Well if he hasn't he will do.

Sick of Man City's spending. >:(

Well it's Brazil 1 - 1 Holland.

Quite how Holland have managed to be at 1-1 I don't know, they've been terrible so far.

Enja said:
Well it's Brazil 1 - 1 Holland.

Quite how Holland have managed to be at 1-1 I don't know, they've been terrible so far.

After the England shambles I've brought the Dutch side of my family into play so 1 - 1 any way it comes is fantastic for me !!!

Hup Holland !!!!

Well who would have predicted that.

At half time Holland were 5-1 to go through. Blast, I wish I'd put a bet on now.

So it's Holland 2 - Brazil 1.

It's been a world cup of surprises so far. I wonder what the next one will be?

[bg=#FF6600]Look at this sites colour scheme, we've got to go Netherlands, haven't we?

Brilliant win. Rubbish first half, but second half just edged Brazil's finger onto the rarely used yellow Self-Destruct button![/bg]

This just shows why the rules of football need a complete overhaul to try and stamp out this level of cheating.

Now if that was Rugby the Ref could award the goal to Ghana after the hand ball. There would be no need to give a penalty. How is it that the Uruguay player denied Ghana a perfectly good goal by cheating and the only punishment that the Ref can give out is to send that player off and award a Penalty. Now it's the Penalty that's the problem. In the first instance, if it wasn't for the cheat it was a goal so why do they have to go back and give the striker another chance to score with the goal keeper in the way? Not fair is it.

In Rugby if you prevent a try being scored by cheating or fouling then a penalty try is awarded. You aren't asked to go back and try again against a slightly reduced defence. The defending team stopped you from scoring a legitimate try and therefore you are awarded that try.

Once again this just shows how the rules of football benefit the cheats.

>:( >:( >:(

To continue with c&t's theme, in Basketball, when a shot is deemed to have reached it's apex, and is descending towards the hoop, the defender cannot touch the ball anymore or else they will be called for goaltending, and the basket will be awarded, no matter how off-line the shot may have been.

Now I'm no football aficionado, but I found it absolutely incredible that the guy who was tossed from the game, and forced to sit out the next match, will now be considered the hero of this contest. The guy went from goat to savior with one penalty kick off the crossbar.

Just watched the highlights of the Ghana v Uruguay game.

Again the cheating and rules deny the rightful team a victory.

Brogan said:
Just watched the highlights of the Ghana v Uruguay game.

Again the cheating and rules deny the rightful team a victory.

It's worse..........Uruguay's Luis Suarez, the scumbag player who's "Hand of God" "Hand of the Devil", put the sequence of events in play that denied Ghana their advancement into the semifinals allowed Uruguay to advance had the stones to brag about his actions....................
This was the end of the World Cup. I had no choice. I have the 'Hand of God' now. I did it so that my teammates could win the penalty shoot-out. When I saw Gyan miss the penalty it was a great joy.

WTH? No, seriously, W-T-H? :o :censored: :o :censored: :o

Ghana Advances To World Cup Semifinals
In a parallel universe, Ghana is in the semis'. Instead, we get the growing fiasco of the 2010 World Cup.

Back
Top Bottom