Current Sir Lewis Carl Davidson Hamilton MBE

A place to put all the posts from all the other threads primarily but love him or hate him, and even for the indifferent amongst us this is the place to discuss the marmite that is Lewis Hamilton, to learn a thing or two about his rise, talk about those controversial, genius or mad moments and something that i am bemused by, the recent articles that suggest something quite different to my perception of what's going on. Any experiences of meeting LH?

Brundle had to write a Lewis Hamilton article recently and in my tweets (which were probably ignored) I asked him to talk about LH the driver not LH the personality. It seems that you can't have one without the other.

So as a starter for ten, here is a fairly recent LH article. Posts should not be limited to this link but it can get some discussion going. http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/formula_one/13755883.stm

The only banned topic as it is clearly ridiculous involves these four things "Glock" "2008" "Brazil" "conspiracy"

Not to mention that to mention that "helping out" a friend who nearly killed someone is morally dubious. I endorse Lewis's behaviour and hope not to see Sutil in F1 again.

Hmm... Nice balanced opinion of sutil's actions there... Let's not try and defend sutil's- but he hardly "nearly killed" someone...

However, this was an occasion where Lewis Hamilton was damned whatever he did- he was criticised following the incident for being bundled out of the nightclub by his bodyguards, and he would have been criticised if he'd defended sutil's actions, just as he's been criticid for NOT defending sutil's actions!

Good video but like the last part of the video says, the moment that encapsulates his carrer and then shows the last lap of that famous race.

Unfortuantely I highly suspect that moment will remain the moment that encapsulates his career

Just for the injection of spirit, life and hope into a moribund F1 at the time, I will always remember LH for his efforts before the politics of F1 reasserted itself

The last part, Lewis holding back, being cautious, relying on the team, just trying to finish in position, when it all should have been wrapped up a few weeks before if the team had brought him in for fresh tyres in Shanghai

for me, Politics

Good video but like the last part of the video says, the moment that encapsulates his carrer and then shows the last lap of that famous race.

Unfortuantely I highly suspect that moment will remain the moment that encapsulates his career
downforce, Today at 16:28 Report
Like Quote Bookmark Share #1622

The end of that video compilation........at least four cars went past Glock in the last moments of Brazil 2008, but only Lewis' pass was contentious.
It makes me want to :sick: that there are so many that say Glock moved over for him, yet Kubica got past, unlapping himself, Vettel passed going into fourth place, Lewis into fifth & at least one more car got past Glock.
I think that race does show .....how Lewis has to work so hard & right up to the wire to get a result. He always seems to me to be up against it....on his own ....when others have got together to get a result.
On balance right usually wins over might.

I think that race does show .....how Lewis has to work so hard & right up to the wire to get a result. He always seems to me to be up against it....on his own ....when others have got together to get a result.

When you think of everything that seemed to conspire against him in that last race, when he had properly produced the results normally needed to wrap up the WC a couple of races before

Vettel almost taking him out overtaking him
The weather challenging McLaren to remain cool and make the right decision
Kubica nearly taking him out (odd)
lots of opportunity to spin off by pushing too hard in last couple of laps
Glocks unnerving gamble on his wrong tyres
he was a 2nd year rookie who had lost out the year before by a point in similar circumstances

for me, the kid pulled victory out of the lap of several disasters despite the odds, lets not forget Alonso probably had an easier task in Abu Dhabi 2010 of claiming the WC

and froze solid

Alonso needed a second place if Webber won or a 4th place if Vettel won and a 10th place if Hamilton won in 2010.
Hamilton needed a fifth place if Massa won.

Alonso's was the more difficult task, particularly in view of the fact that his team fought the wrong battle.

downforce, Today at 16:28 Report
Like Quote Bookmark Share #1622

The end of that video compilation........at least four cars went past Glock in the last moments of Brazil 2008, but only Lewis' pass was contentious.
It makes me want to :sick: that there are so many that say Glock moved over for him, yet Kubica got past, unlapping himself, Vettel passed going into fourth place, Lewis into fifth & at least one more car got past Glock.
I wasnt saying Glock let past, that theory is ridiculous. I meant I wouldn't be at all surprised if it is his only WDC

Alonso needed a second place if Webber won or a 4th place if Vettel won and a 10th place if Hamilton won in 2010.
Hamilton needed a fifth place if Massa won.

Alonso's was the more difficult task, particularly in view of the fact that his team fought the wrong battle.

The actually racing conditions on the day in question provided the real challenge to each driver

Abu Dhabi did not throw up 'act of God' obstacles, Alonso only had to overtake a rookie driver. Lewis and Mclaren had to contend with lots more changes to the original grid and therefore to their pre planned strategy as well as the weather

for me, the kid pulled victory out of the lap of several disasters despite the odds, lets not forget Alonso probably had an easier task in Abu Dhabi 2010 of claiming the WC

and froze solid
BC, Heraclitus:
“All is flux, nothing stays still.”
Cookinflatsix,
IMO Alonso always expects help......he didn't get it in that race, the 2010 end of season climax & one of the ferrari pit strategist ( Dyer? if that's his name it is appropiate!) was demoted after the race.
At the same race, Button was the only one of the top six, who could not win the WDC 2010, he was asked by a TV commentator, if he would be helping LH, he said he was racing to win himself.
As I said earlier Lewis seems to be on his own......I've seen him go wide onto the grass to let Button out of a sticky situation & into the wall at Canada. there are more.
IMO Lewis needs to grow a thick skin & stop being nice.
Top Gear is on TV now.... featuring the Mclaren supercar:cheer:

Abu Dhabi did not throw up 'act of God' obstacles, Alonso only had to overtake a rookie driver. Lewis and Mclaren had to contend with lots more changes to the original grid and therefore to their pre planned strategy as well as the weather

Yes, he only had to overtake a rookie driver. At Abu Dhabi. :rolleyes:

Both teams went for the "we're in the lead, lets only go for the position we need" and both screwed it up for differing reasons. McLaren's strategists in 2008 got out of jail, Ferrari's fellas in 2010 didn't.

I don't think either driver was culpable for this, so I think it is unfair to claim "Alonso froze solid". Lest we forget who else was stuck behind a Renault for 13 laps in that race. Renault did a lot that day to ensure Vettel's title!

I wasnt saying Glock let past, that theory is ridiculous. I meant I wouldn't be at all surprised if it is his only WDC
downforce,
Many people have asked me if I thought Glock let Lewis past, they obviously don't think it's a ridiculous theory.
If Lewis' team get behind him, he should win many WDC

I surely hope that his next world championship will be less dramatic.
Me too......but it was momentous.....what a nail biter.:victory:

Both teams went for the "we're in the lead, lets only go for the position we need" and both screwed it up for differing reasons. McLaren's strategists in 2008 got out of jail, Ferrari's fellas in 2010 didn't.

I don't think either driver was culpable for this, so I think it is unfair to claim "Alonso froze solid". Lest we forget who else was stuck behind a Renault for 13 laps in that race. Renault did a lot that day to ensure Vettel's title!

Alonso was not supposed to let Button past early according to the Ferrari strategists. McLarens strategists were in jail because of the 'act of God' rain in the first place, apart from that it was clockwork

Ok yes, Alonso was stuck on a crappy track (last race nothing to lose), however it could be argued that McLaren, Ron Dennis and even Lewis had no incentive to get unstuck from behind a Renault (handing Alonso a win), but that a different story

By froze, I mean Alonso could have at least attempted audacious attempts

Ok yes, Alonso was stuck on a crappy track (last race nothing to lose), however it could be argued that McLaren, Ron Dennis and even Lewis had no incentive to get unstuck from behind a Renault (handing Alonso a win), but that a different story

By froze, I mean Alonso could have at least attempted audacious attempts

As I recall, Alonso made several audacious attempts. As for McLaren having no incentive, Alonso and Webber could have crashed into each other and Petrov, then had the McLarens both beaten Vettel, Hamilton was World Champion. Winning a race is usually incentive enough for the Men in Anthracite anyway!

I'm sure Lewis would like to draw a line under his past achievements and history; would it be possible after 82 bloody pages that we create another thread for the guy who can do?

How about - Lewis Hamilton 2012 and onwards?

I'm sure Lewis would like to draw a line under his past achievements and history; would it be possible after 82 bloody pages that we create another thread for the guy who can do?

How about - Lewis Hamilton 2012 and onwards?
I think Lewis is probably pretty proud of most of his achievements. Are there even greater achievements to come? I'd say so; but I wouldnt like to write of what he's aleady achieved.

Back
Top Bottom