Current Sir Lewis Carl Davidson Hamilton MBE

A place to put all the posts from all the other threads primarily but love him or hate him, and even for the indifferent amongst us this is the place to discuss the marmite that is Lewis Hamilton, to learn a thing or two about his rise, talk about those controversial, genius or mad moments and something that i am bemused by, the recent articles that suggest something quite different to my perception of what's going on. Any experiences of meeting LH?

Brundle had to write a Lewis Hamilton article recently and in my tweets (which were probably ignored) I asked him to talk about LH the driver not LH the personality. It seems that you can't have one without the other.

So as a starter for ten, here is a fairly recent LH article. Posts should not be limited to this link but it can get some discussion going. http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/formula_one/13755883.stm

The only banned topic as it is clearly ridiculous involves these four things "Glock" "2008" "Brazil" "conspiracy"

Looks like Lewis is back with Nicole.

So she gets a job on Z-factor USA and they split up. Then she gets fired and they get back together..... Hmmmmm.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbi...erzinger-Lewis-Hamilton-rekindle-romance.html
article-2098141-11A43B7C000005DC-479_634x411.webp

Here's a thought...as off throttle blown diffusers have been banned, that will mean less downforce at the rear when cornering.

Is that going to suit Hamilton more than last year's designs, as he is able to work with a loose rear end better than most?

I would have thought that this would favour him over his team-mate but I expect the Red Bull to have magnatraction again.

Looks like Lewis has strengthened his management team with Mika's ex manager Didier Coton. Good move for him. Seems to be building a better support group around himself for this year what with getting back with Nicole as well. Hopefully he will be in a happier place this year and get focussed on his racing.

From Autosport.

Lewis Hamilton says Didier Coton's experience of Formula 1 and the McLaren operation will be a big asset to his management team.
Simon Fuller's XIX Entertainment firm, which looks after Hamilton's affairs, announced yesterday that Coton - formerly double world champion Mika Hakkinen's manager - would be joining the team behind Hamilton this season.
"I thought it was a good idea. Me and Simon wanted to strengthen the team a little bit, and we wanted someone who could potentially have a bit more racing experience," Hamilton explained.
"Didier's been a good friend of mine for many years and he's got great experience of my team and the F1 paddock. I thought it would be good to have him just there when I need him. That's generally what he's there for."

The EBD ban + Pirreli strengthening the rear tyres compared to the fronts + having Hakkinens manager present at all his races + actually testing the car pre-season + Sam Michael in theory cutting McLarens silly mistakes out

should in theory make it a better year for him, except it wasn't driving abilities that was the problem for him, it was seeing vettel dominate and as that isn't going to change............................

The EBD ban + Pirreli strengthening the rear tyres compared to the fronts + having Hakkinens manager present at all his races + actually testing the car pre-season + Sam Michael in theory cutting McLarens silly mistakes out

Hakkinen? You're a few years behind mate :p

edit: nvm -facepalm-

Why do you think that? The regs and tyres should suit him better than last year.
he just seems not as happy cheerful as before, he has already been found doubting the car and while this season wont be like last years it just wont be a title winning one unless mclaren does have the fastest car.

...or unless Lewis can get out of his negative head spin. Positivity breeds results and I haven't seen much genuine positivity from Lewis for a long time.

except it wasn't driving abilities that was the problem for him, it was seeing vettel dominate
I may be wrong, but in one of his recent interviews, Hamilton said it was purely his personal life and the problems therein which resulted in a poor season.

I have never seen him attribute it to Vettel's performance.

Back
Top Bottom