Current Sir Lewis Carl Davidson Hamilton MBE

A place to put all the posts from all the other threads primarily but love him or hate him, and even for the indifferent amongst us this is the place to discuss the marmite that is Lewis Hamilton, to learn a thing or two about his rise, talk about those controversial, genius or mad moments and something that i am bemused by, the recent articles that suggest something quite different to my perception of what's going on. Any experiences of meeting LH?

Brundle had to write a Lewis Hamilton article recently and in my tweets (which were probably ignored) I asked him to talk about LH the driver not LH the personality. It seems that you can't have one without the other.

So as a starter for ten, here is a fairly recent LH article. Posts should not be limited to this link but it can get some discussion going. http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/formula_one/13755883.stm

The only banned topic as it is clearly ridiculous involves these four things "Glock" "2008" "Brazil" "conspiracy"

Hamilton celebrated his WDC win with a glass of watermelon juice and a sip of cognac. A far cry from Damon Hill riding a moped around the hotel with his wife on the back pissed as a fart and crashing into the hotel doors.

But the following morning would have been a lot more comfortable for Hamilton.

If I remember correctly it was a hotel complex so it was outside but still within the hotel grounds. I'll have to see if a clip from the documentary it was shown in, exists online.

Edit: Sadly I can find part of the documentary online from which I think it was shown but not the actual clip.

Last edited:
The irony for Mercedes is they got rid of one British world champion because they wanted to a German driver to deliver their first drivers world championship and it was another Brit who delivered their first drivers title since Fangio

Brogan - cast your minds back to 2009 when Button was world champion and they expected him to either accept no increase in pay and suddenly made a half hearted higher offer for 1 year only when Mclaren offered a drive for him

Well if Lauda was not on the Merc board - I don't think Hamilton would have hired in the first place. The Merc board's original belief was to have a German driver to win the driver's title if it was not Schumacher... it took them 5 years to realise it did not work

Right, that for you younger fans is a genuine gentlemen champion celebrating his championship in style. Absolutely off his face in a bar with his team mate and biggest rival. Singing "who do you think you are kidding Michael Schumacher" to the Dads Army theme tune to his face and then riding back to the hotel totally smashed and then through the hotel lobby (I knew it wasn't a dream).

Water Melon juice :rolleyes:

Well found chreden :thumbsup:

Back
Top Bottom