Current Sir Lewis Carl Davidson Hamilton MBE

A place to put all the posts from all the other threads primarily but love him or hate him, and even for the indifferent amongst us this is the place to discuss the marmite that is Lewis Hamilton, to learn a thing or two about his rise, talk about those controversial, genius or mad moments and something that i am bemused by, the recent articles that suggest something quite different to my perception of what's going on. Any experiences of meeting LH?

Brundle had to write a Lewis Hamilton article recently and in my tweets (which were probably ignored) I asked him to talk about LH the driver not LH the personality. It seems that you can't have one without the other.

So as a starter for ten, here is a fairly recent LH article. Posts should not be limited to this link but it can get some discussion going. http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/formula_one/13755883.stm

The only banned topic as it is clearly ridiculous involves these four things "Glock" "2008" "Brazil" "conspiracy"

I don't think this has already been posted, it's the interview Lewis had with Martin Brundle where the comments about why he was looking glum on the Thursday before the German GP came from. I think you'll struggle to find an interview much more honest and thoughtful than this one in any sport, and the Nicole breakup is only a very small part of it.

http://www1.skysports.com/formula-1/news/12472/8811754/Sky-Sports-F1-Exclusive-Lewis-Hamilton-Q-A

I hadn't seen it before, I really don't see how anyone can criticise Lewis for this interview.

Lewis' prowess, speed and consummate mastery of all circuits are absolutely fine to report; Lewis' relationship problems aren't relevant.

Whenever I made a mistake at work, no-one asked if I had a 'mitigating' circumstance; I was expected to do my job throughout, for which I was reasonably well paid.

If certain posters could stop bringing up this never ending trivia to justify their fanaticism, then that would be great. He is a stunning driver, super quick and very knowledgeable in terms of race craft, etc. - but he has bad days and bad luck, (oops, drivers don't have bad luck do they!?).

Do they not realise how much they hamper Lewis' popularity?

None so blind as those who won't see!

Yes, there are Hamilton detractors (but few on this forum, I would suggest), in the same way there are those who don't appreciate Button, Alonso, Webber, etc. and who are as equally vociferous about it. But it is very rare for them to pass comment on anything other than their driver ability, luck or choice of team.

Seeing that we're on page 246, that ship has clearly sailed.

If one has a browse through the multitude of posts, then it's clear to see that there are nearly as many posts by the vocal minority that feel they need to somehow, "bring the Hamilton fans down to size". It's a pointless exercise, yet it continues to be done.

If I had time and could be arsed, I would go through the entire 246 pages and count the fors, against, indifferent and fed up - I suspect it wouldn't match your expectation.

It would be impossible to tell at this point anyway, as this thread has been the constant focus of the Mods thanks to the enormous amount of ill-will and negativity surrounding it.

By the way, why even bother with your first post today? A big dollop of sarcasm adds little to the conversation.

'Cos I'd already had a taster, perhaps?

If I had time and could be arsed, I would go through the entire 246 pages and count the fors, against, indifferent and fed up - I suspect it wouldn't match your expectation.

It would be impossible to tell at this point anyway, as this thread has been the constant focus of the Mods thanks to the enormous amount of ill-will and negativity surrounding it.

Pointless exercise then, 'cos figures found wouldn't be accurate enough! ffs

Please, let's not add to that.

Edit: Not aimed at any individual.

'Pointless exercise then, 'cos figures found wouldn't be accurate enough!

Does that not make sense to you? Literally hundreds (thousands?) of posts have been stricken from this thread. Mainly because they violate forum rules. Posts referring to a Hamilton interview, tweet, or Instagram picture are usually not deleted. Can you grasp this concept?

Back
Top Bottom