Current Sir Lewis Carl Davidson Hamilton MBE

A place to put all the posts from all the other threads primarily but love him or hate him, and even for the indifferent amongst us this is the place to discuss the marmite that is Lewis Hamilton, to learn a thing or two about his rise, talk about those controversial, genius or mad moments and something that i am bemused by, the recent articles that suggest something quite different to my perception of what's going on. Any experiences of meeting LH?

Brundle had to write a Lewis Hamilton article recently and in my tweets (which were probably ignored) I asked him to talk about LH the driver not LH the personality. It seems that you can't have one without the other.

So as a starter for ten, here is a fairly recent LH article. Posts should not be limited to this link but it can get some discussion going. http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/formula_one/13755883.stm

The only banned topic as it is clearly ridiculous involves these four things "Glock" "2008" "Brazil" "conspiracy"

@racerub

You know big wigs in the boardroom only measure investment on the success it brings. We've seen how other manufacturers leave F1 when they realise F1 is too expensive for them with little return in investment

Someone within Mercedes had to cop the flak for hiring Schumacher and delivering very little...it was Norbert Haug who had to resign but I don't think it was his idea alone as the bosses were ones who agreed to pay Schumacher's wages and sack a lot of factory guys at the same time
the same questions will be asked of Hamilton on his salary and he is not winning races. that is the nature of business in the corporate boardroom

Mercedes bosses are impatient and want instant success..someone has to justify the increase in investing in F1. There will be those who think the money would have been better spent on developing the road cars or into DTM which is cheaper

Mercedes AMG team has been rejuvenated but that still does not stop the Mercedes board or shareholders putting demands on expecting both drivers and constructors titles this season

No doubt there will be those who will think that Vettel should be driving for the team because he's currently Germany's top driver instead of Hamilton

Lewywo4

Lewis ' salary is only less than Alonso's in the F1 paddock and I don't think the board will give him a raise until he wins races and challenges for the drivers title to justify it

That is what Ross said but there are always wolves and sharks in the boardroom ready to criticise anything but instant success is deemed failure

The reverse psychologically will be if Rosberg keeps beating Hamilton then someone might ask why are we paying this amount of money for Hamilton if he is not doing better than Rosberg

Like I have said not all the directors are Hamilton fans I am sure some of them would have Vettel in the car instead

I think all the recent criticism has helped Hamilton re-focus and not get too carried away with his newly found freedom. Not that he was doing bad anyway, he's picked up more points than Schumacher did in the whole of last season. Early indications also suggest Mercedes can think on their feet a bit better than McLaren and they don't pursue parity at any cost and especially at the expense of one driver. This can only be good for both him and Nico.

Lewis has just said he is still getting to grips with the car designed around Rosberg and Schumacher

i am surprised at Mercedes' turnaround given last year they started off quickly and faded very badly. The comments were no one is making the decisions in a team loaded with technical directors and the board.

Hmmm it seems like having Lauda on the board and Norbert resigning has helped the F1 team a bit more

Lewywo4

Well that has already happened with Button and Mclaren up to now given the fact Mercedes did not want to keep him and have car No 1 and thought Schumacher for commercial reasons was better to make all the noises and they ended up with egg on their face for 3 years and originally citing cost control not giving Button a raise but were willing to pay Schumacher £20m a year

the same thing could happen to Hamilton because no doubt someone in the boardroom will think they should have Vettel in a German car . They are more interested in selling more road cars and given that publicity that would generate "youngest 3 times world champion and German as well "

Personally, I think that bearing in mind how well the two Mercedes drivers are acquitting themselves at the moment, and how good the car is looking, you would be daft to upset the apple cart.

Vettel will have a significant control of the drivers market in 2015, however, I think it would take a rather large crowbar to get either of the Merc drivers out.

racecub
The Pits
Worldwide appeal - if you are referring to America then but Red Bull have big exposure to America as well so Vettel has worldwide appeal already

so you have 1 time world champion vs a 3 time world champion and German as well for the biggest German manufacturer to consider ..they've already tried the marketing ploy with Schumacher unfortunately at least 3 years out of date

People talk about the apple cart.. in F1 your greatest enemy is your teammate ..do you think Hamilton will be happy if Rosberg consistently beats him ? or at least proves too competitive and uncomfortable for his own position

Hamilton has a 3 year contract and ironically will end at the same time as Vettel's in 2015 so no doubt there could a big change amongst the leading drivers but off course 1 driver bust up with team bosses can change things quickly

Rosberg is suppose to control the driver's market this season and seems to always have watertight contracts for pursuers to buy out when arranged

Maybe he meant first win of the season that happens to be at the Nurburgring? Just a suggestion, words and all that.......don't always come out how you intend. Well mine don't anyway :-)

Back
Top Bottom