Current Sir Lewis Carl Davidson Hamilton MBE

A place to put all the posts from all the other threads primarily but love him or hate him, and even for the indifferent amongst us this is the place to discuss the marmite that is Lewis Hamilton, to learn a thing or two about his rise, talk about those controversial, genius or mad moments and something that i am bemused by, the recent articles that suggest something quite different to my perception of what's going on. Any experiences of meeting LH?

Brundle had to write a Lewis Hamilton article recently and in my tweets (which were probably ignored) I asked him to talk about LH the driver not LH the personality. It seems that you can't have one without the other.

So as a starter for ten, here is a fairly recent LH article. Posts should not be limited to this link but it can get some discussion going. http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/formula_one/13755883.stm

The only banned topic as it is clearly ridiculous involves these four things "Glock" "2008" "Brazil" "conspiracy"

I like Lewis Hamilton because IMO he is the best racer
At the last GP his girlfriend had just split with him...he explained this in a couple of sentences, it was why he was looking glum. Then went into Quali & put the Merc on Pole.....
I like Andy Murray he played a fantastic match to win Wimbledon...& he said it was "Down to you guys"..the first person he rushed to hug was girlfriend Kim....
Both men have mettle....
I am not interested in tattoos, beards or earings...but I love dogs...but who cares....some people want to discuss these elements of LH...thats ok....

Does that not make sense to you? Literally hundreds (thousands?) of posts have been stricken from this thread. Mainly because they violate forum rules. Posts referring to a Hamilton interview, tweet, or Instagram picture are usually not deleted. Can you grasp this concept?

I don't know for sure but I suspect that half the posts that have been deleted were written by Lewis fans themselves which makes the point moot at best, one can be just as bad as the other...

Why do people like Brundle, find it necessary to even ask Lewis about his relationship with Nicole? When was the last time Brundle or other motor racing journalists, queried Alonso or Raikkonen about their recent marital difficulties and breakups?
Motor racing jounalists like Brundle, wouldn't dare ask Raikkonen any personal questions about his recent divorce or breakup, because Kimi would respond in a way that he will never forget......Lewis firmly, but politely should answer those types of personal question with......it's none of your business.

How many drivers have girlfriends or wives who are as high profile as Nicole? There are models and sportswomen but have any of them got A-list celebrity rating in their own right?

Okay - this thread is, once again, degenerating into bickering and stupidity and, frankly, is pissing me off. If you can't post anything on here which is constructive, objective and rational then please don't bother to post here at all.

FB

If you've ever read Lewis' autobiography, which I predictably have, he was with a much more low-key girlfriend, Jodia Ma, search her now and you will not get anything recent about her, but he said they were still friends now, I wonder if that's the type of shoulder he needs to lean on now, the type of person he needs in his circle

No-one here is Lewis Hamilton's doctor, so insinuating that he is suffering from any kind of medical condition is, at best, injudicious.

Questioning a member's authority to make such claims is not a sign of disrespect to people with said medical condition.

Any more discussion of this will be deleted and warnings will be handed out.

You even liked my opinion when I posted it. I just thought it was a worthy point for sensible discussion. Clearly I misread my audience.

So many people seem to have an opinion about Kubica's arm or Maria DeLa Votra's eye and they are not doctors.

This just proves my point about the taboos of mental health.

Delete away. I'm done on this topic. I'm not, but there are other places I can discuss it.

You likely have a point. I particularly liked your timely reminder that talented people have depression. But you can't just shout people down like that. You have conflated the two issues of attitudes towards depression and Lewis Hamilton's alleged (by you) depression.

You even liked my opinion when I posted it. I just thought it was a worthy point for sensible discussion. Clearly I misread my audience.

So many people seem to have an opinion about Kubica's arm or Maria DeLa Votra's eye and they are not doctors.

This just proves my point about the taboos of mental health.

Delete away. I'm done on this topic. I'm not, but there are other places I can discuss it.
ExtremeNinja.....It's not a question of the taboos of mental health. I have deeply personal experiences of mental health. I have been supportive of a beautiful lady who suffers from schizophrenia for nearly thirty years, its a long time to love when your feelings are unable to be returned fully. Most mental illnesses are suffered in varying degrees of severity, some can be treated with reasonable success, others far less so. Even if you've had intensely personal experiences in this area, a public forum is not the place to discuss it. To suggest someone by name may be suffering from any type of mental illness is quite frankly appalling. For what it's worth I think all we are seeing in Lewis is a young man growing up in public, much as we saw with Alonso several years ago, nothing more, and to suggest there is more is silly.

I watched the Andy Murray pre Wimbledon program (it was also shown post Wimbledon with the obvious extras), his parents and friends spoke of his all consuming need to win....the inherent need that pushes top notch competitors to the fore.....if it's not achieved...they are annoyed at themselves, and sometimes unable to come to terms with defeat...but when they do....they train & look at where they need to up their game....and do it.
I have seen this happen to Lewis...but after a day or two in the doldrums....he comes back & aces it.
He has a great team mate in Nico...but I think.... though NR shouted LOUD when he was faster than LH & was not allowed to pass him...team orders from a very experienced RB....that LH has never said anything about how he helped Nico at Monaco or whinged about his loss at.his much loved British GP at Silverstone...........
IMO racing drivers are a breed apart...who the hell can drive at 200mph and act with such lightening reactions?.....Amazing:thumbsup:
Their brains are obviously different than mere mortals.

Back
Top Bottom