Current Sir Lewis Carl Davidson Hamilton MBE

A place to put all the posts from all the other threads primarily but love him or hate him, and even for the indifferent amongst us this is the place to discuss the marmite that is Lewis Hamilton, to learn a thing or two about his rise, talk about those controversial, genius or mad moments and something that i am bemused by, the recent articles that suggest something quite different to my perception of what's going on. Any experiences of meeting LH?

Brundle had to write a Lewis Hamilton article recently and in my tweets (which were probably ignored) I asked him to talk about LH the driver not LH the personality. It seems that you can't have one without the other.

So as a starter for ten, here is a fairly recent LH article. Posts should not be limited to this link but it can get some discussion going. http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/formula_one/13755883.stm

The only banned topic as it is clearly ridiculous involves these four things "Glock" "2008" "Brazil" "conspiracy"

Why would people be unhappy with Lewis' performance? Lewis is unhappy, because he's a perfectionist and knows there more to come...but why ever wold his team be unhappy with him? Mercedes is rejuvenated!( not down to Lewis of course, but part so) Toto has said he is more than happy.
I'm happy, you're happy the boards Toto's happy everyone is happy except Lewis...;)

hello Red Bull are a marketing company that is their speciality so its is absurd to say they don;t know how to promote their 3 times world champion to the world then

Hamilton joining Red Bull would have increased his global appeal as long as he is not seen drinking Coca Cola/ Monster or Pepsi

- that quote about driving for a drinks company if he looked further than that he should have realised it had marketing appeal

Just seen the Martin Brundle interview with Lewis, on Sky, it was recorded yesterday after Quali
Lewis was asked why he looked miserable on Thurs when he arrived....after some talk....then Lewis said "My world's been turned upside down with the loss of someone special."
MB "Do you mean Nicole?"
LH "Yeah"

He is dealing with it....mettle of the man...

Unfortunately we and the media have made his life public. One reaps what one sows so whilst individually we may not necessarily be interested in the private life stuff others. What would one say if Lewis had refused to answer the question?

"Good on him"

His private life has been an excuse for so long that the journos now perpetuate the myth and ask the stupid question.

Did anyone talk to Alonso when his marriage fell apart? Or to various soon-to-be-fathers over the years?

If you don't answer or acknowledge a question enough times then eventually it ceases to be asked.

What I really object to is the 'there is a reason for everything' attitude that pervades the press and is then regurgitated to excuse a 'bad day' at the office/on the track.

There isn't a mortal amongst us who is immune from personal trauma - do you know mine? do I know yours? No, 'cos it is private.

Why do we 'know' so much about Lewis? 'Cos he has answered too many questions - I don't hold him responsible, he was just being naive. However, I do get really pissed off with those who excuse/rationalise/explain/defend/justify every bloody set back by referring to personal circumstance rather than bad luck, misjudgement or inept team strategy on the race track.

Is that plain enough?

He's grown up in the public eye and continues to live in it - a bit of the Michael Jackson syndrome. I know at the office when somebody isn't looking happy there is a reason and they often tell you what it is including relationship breakdowns. This is his office.

There have been no performance excuses on this one, just a reason he has a face on. I agree though in terms of comments regarding 'mettle' etc are vomitty to the extreme.

If this was cited as a reason for his pretty shit result today then yes it would be bollocks. I don't think it is though.

1) Media notice Lewis is looking a bit glum.
2) Media ask Lewis why.
3) Lewis says he broke up with his girlfriend.
4) Lewis sticks it on pole.

What excuses? All he's done is answer a question briefly and honestly and I don't think anyone will be pointing at the break up to explain why he fell back in the race today.

No-one has to pay any attention to him, his fans, his press or threads about him if they don't want to. If someone regards his mind management as a measure of his mettle, why the heck not. It is.

met·tle
/ˈmetl/
Noun
A person's ability to cope well with difficulties or to face a demanding situation in a spirited and resilient way.
Synonyms
spirit - nature - temper - temperament - character

Back
Top Bottom