Current Sir Lewis Carl Davidson Hamilton MBE

A place to put all the posts from all the other threads primarily but love him or hate him, and even for the indifferent amongst us this is the place to discuss the marmite that is Lewis Hamilton, to learn a thing or two about his rise, talk about those controversial, genius or mad moments and something that i am bemused by, the recent articles that suggest something quite different to my perception of what's going on. Any experiences of meeting LH?

Brundle had to write a Lewis Hamilton article recently and in my tweets (which were probably ignored) I asked him to talk about LH the driver not LH the personality. It seems that you can't have one without the other.

So as a starter for ten, here is a fairly recent LH article. Posts should not be limited to this link but it can get some discussion going. http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/formula_one/13755883.stm

The only banned topic as it is clearly ridiculous involves these four things "Glock" "2008" "Brazil" "conspiracy"

An absolutely brilliant performance on Lewis's part today, and on to a well deserved win.... :1st: This victory should give the answer to those who feel that certain aspects of his personal life may have interfered with his driving abilities, and skills.

Lewis, you said that this circuit is a classic, so as a four time winner of the Hungarian Grand Prix, perhaps it's about time to name a corner after you. Which corner would you chose
LH:
"I'd forgotten that it's four times here. That's incredible, absolutely incredible, I'm so happy with that. I love it here: the weather's great, the fans, we have such a great turnout, they have beautiful women here, great food, I really can't say more about it. A great track. If I was to chose a corner, I would say turn two."
Make turn two Hamilton corner! And then give Schumi a corner too

I think we have seen further evidence of Lewis Hamilton's ability as a development driver.

At McLaren, Lewis was able to drive around the car when it was bad and it was when both sides of the garage looked to wat Hamilton and his engineers were doing and following that path that the car become consistently good for both drivers.

This year we have seen him go to Mercedes who have had an inherently quick car for most of their time in F1 but have struggled to have a complete race package. On occasions the potential of the car has been realised but it has mostly made a string of promises it has failed to deliver on. Lewis has talked about the problems with the car and has talked about struggling with it in the first half of te season. He said it was unbalanced, unsteady under braking and then there are the tyre issue. A huge team effort has gone into fixing these problems and there are a lot of new bods at Merc but one of those is Lewis Hamilton and there's surely some significant credit due to him as a contributor.

I have never really seen Lewis as a "development driver" but it seems to be on evidence that he is not only a big asset on the track and in the media but also a great asset in the garage and the factory providing feedback and requirements to the engineers. He is more and more looking like this mythical "complete driver".

Last edited:
ExtremeNinja ... :1st: Lewis has impressed me more so than any other driver this season ... a very mature approach this season ...

However I think you underestimate the impact of the new bods in the garage ... one in particular has been instrumental in keeping Lewis on point and in tune with the program ...

dms1322my84.jpg

Back
Top Bottom