Current Sir Lewis Carl Davidson Hamilton MBE

A place to put all the posts from all the other threads primarily but love him or hate him, and even for the indifferent amongst us this is the place to discuss the marmite that is Lewis Hamilton, to learn a thing or two about his rise, talk about those controversial, genius or mad moments and something that i am bemused by, the recent articles that suggest something quite different to my perception of what's going on. Any experiences of meeting LH?

Brundle had to write a Lewis Hamilton article recently and in my tweets (which were probably ignored) I asked him to talk about LH the driver not LH the personality. It seems that you can't have one without the other.

So as a starter for ten, here is a fairly recent LH article. Posts should not be limited to this link but it can get some discussion going. http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/formula_one/13755883.stm

The only banned topic as it is clearly ridiculous involves these four things "Glock" "2008" "Brazil" "conspiracy"

No real dramas yet this time. He said he was worried about his legacy just being a 1 time world champion perhaps now he can seriously focus on proving he won't be

Senna his hero dumped his wife when he came over to Europe and wanting to get into F1

So Lewis has made the ultimate sacrifice and dumped the love of his life to focus on his career.....or is he just a wannabe rapper who likes to party? ..... but hang on, he hardly ever drinks. Maybe he's just not cut out to focus properly, after all, he has a dog, and tattoos, and earrings. Guilty as charged! Make of it what you will folks. have fun :-)

From Hamilton's demeanour on stage after the race on Sunday it was clear that he had at that time no doubts about Ms Sherzinger. So why should it have affected him on Saturday? As to where she was at the weekend I have no idea, maybe she wasn't in the UK?

if Lewis is worried about his legacy then really he needs to drop any distractions to ultimately succeed

He's putting himself under a lot of pressure saying he is not comfortable with the car and feeling he is not meeting the high expectations he sets upon himself and to justify his salary. It does not help if your teammate has delivered two wins as well

Lewis needs to surround himself with the right people to focus on his F1 career and forget about brand Hamilton

I wish I had the same problems the multimillionaire, F1 driver Lewis Hamilton has. One night out with one of the most desirable women on the planet would do me let alone a long term relationship (sorry the wife, you know how it is). Things could be much worse for the lad, he could still be at McLaren.

FB I'd second to that. I get the feeling though that since he's moved to Mercedes and been allowed to act as a columnist to the BBC he has given away a bit too much about how he is not happy with the car

I am not sure if there are members with Mercedes putting a lot of pressure on him for people like Toto to say we are happy with his performance

I think also Lewis feel he has had some bad calls or bad luck this year and really wants to win knowing the car is fast enough to challenge now

FB since he's moved to Mercedes and been allowed to act as a columnist to the BBC he has given away a bit too much about how he is not happy with the car

I am not sure if there are members with Mercedes putting a lot of pressure on him for people like Toto to say we are happy with his performance

Regarding how Lewis isn't happy with his car..........he's not alone when you consider some of the comments made by other drivers like Fernando, Felipe, Jenson, Sergio and Kimi

I find it hard to believe that Toto Wolff isn't happy, with Lewis's performance so far this year. Silverstone was the first time this season, that Mercedes and Hamilton after taking pole position, was able to pull away from Sebastian at the start, build a gap of 2 seconds until Lewis's left rear tire exploded. How in the world could Toto not be happy with him after he pitted, and fell back to dead last, but by races end still manages to finish in 4th place.

It would help if the media (and others) would keep things in context.

"I can't believe that I have this job, the best job in the world. I get to work with so many incredible people, drive this incredible car, get the support of so many incredible fans. And that I get paid to do it is even more amazing." Lewis Hamilton (from his BBC column 28/6/13).

When I read a headline that stated bluntly that Lewis wasn't happy with his car I must admit that my immediate thought was "Oh dear ..." However, on hearing what he said from his own lips, he was clearly talking about the set up and feeling of the car with regard to how it was after practice. The next day he put it on pole for his home GP and on the Sunday put in a storming drive in the face of tyre adversity.

FFS Lewis hasn't been dissing the car in general. Ross Brawn mentioned in an interview during P3 or qualy' (can't remember which) that Lewis had worked hard into the Friday evening. Obviously so did the team because it was certainly good for qualy' and the race (tyre disaster aside!).

It would be nice if the media would take more care in reporting on events and using quotes from drivers. It really isn't very hard for skilled writers to keep things in context. it seems, though, that the current crop of broadcasters are somewhat below standard. Either that or their journalism education programs them to be knee-jerking, pot stirring misinformation mongers.

Lewywo4

I know he is not the only one as some people would be quick to label Button a :censored: driver if he came out and said he was not happy with the car as it has been in the past

I did not say Toto is not happy with Lewis

Toto is defending Lewis but I wonder if there are other people within Mercedes putting pressure about his performances unfairly like those that sit on the board arguing to justify his salary

Why would people be unhappy with Lewis' performance? Lewis is unhappy, because he's a perfectionist and knows there more to come...but why ever wold his team be unhappy with him? Mercedes is rejuvenated!( not down to Lewis of course, but part so) Toto has said he is more than happy.

ll_leone.....considering how fortunes seemed to have changed for the better at Mercedes. I wouldn't at all be suprised if the board will, authorize a raise for Lewis.....:)

Back
Top Bottom