Current Sir Lewis Carl Davidson Hamilton MBE

A place to put all the posts from all the other threads primarily but love him or hate him, and even for the indifferent amongst us this is the place to discuss the marmite that is Lewis Hamilton, to learn a thing or two about his rise, talk about those controversial, genius or mad moments and something that i am bemused by, the recent articles that suggest something quite different to my perception of what's going on. Any experiences of meeting LH?

Brundle had to write a Lewis Hamilton article recently and in my tweets (which were probably ignored) I asked him to talk about LH the driver not LH the personality. It seems that you can't have one without the other.

So as a starter for ten, here is a fairly recent LH article. Posts should not be limited to this link but it can get some discussion going. http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/formula_one/13755883.stm

The only banned topic as it is clearly ridiculous involves these four things "Glock" "2008" "Brazil" "conspiracy"

I'd hardly say commenting on the likelihood of Lewis and Nicole splitting up is sentimental crap. It's just talking about what may have happened. Just as commenting on James Hunt' s penchant for infidelity, smoking and arriving at GP's hungover was talking about what happened when he was an f1 driver.

The difference is Hunt didn't give a stuff and got in the car and drove - once in the cockpit he was racing! But we are lead to believe that all things that befall Hamilton have a detrimental effect to his performance as an F1 driver. To a cynic, that may be a pre-emptive strike.

And, yes, it is sentimental crap and it should remain private. Journalists, et al, can ask what they like - one doesn't have to answer it though.

As I said earlier Lewis is getting wise to the press/commentators....:thinking:
He is a different person nowadays.....
The mettle of the man....solid 8-)

Jen if a break up between Lewis and Nicole was on the cards, I certainly saw no evidence of a detrimental effect to his driving at Silverstone. He was stunning all weekend.

But racecub he hadn't been told about it then. He seemed pretty certain that he was about to propose when he replied to the question after the race. It seemed to me to be a set-up pre-arranged question to me, if not he could have always been non-commital or even have changed the subject. He seemed very happy with the question and quite open with his answer.

I'd agree with you Bill. He seemed very full on in the interview. It's easy to tell when he's not happy with a question and trying to avoid an answer, and he wasn't . So I guess we can only speculate.

Just watched Look North. Lewis and DC had a day out at RAF Scampton with the Red Arrows and, it appeared, had a pretty good time. Should be on the iPlayer at some time soon.

On the subject of Hamilton non news and Roscoe did anyone watch Teds notebook at the end of the race on Sunday? The silverstone staff all got together and made a Kennel for the famous mutt. A nice gesture but did anyone notice where the kennel was? Not near the Mercedes motorhome where you would expect it but was actually at the back of the McLaren motorhome.

I suspect that was the best area to house the big fella. Roscoe is no traitor ;)

I did enjoy that one though, and was about a second late getting off my couch to get a screen grab.

Back
Top Bottom