Current Sir Lewis Carl Davidson Hamilton MBE

A place to put all the posts from all the other threads primarily but love him or hate him, and even for the indifferent amongst us this is the place to discuss the marmite that is Lewis Hamilton, to learn a thing or two about his rise, talk about those controversial, genius or mad moments and something that i am bemused by, the recent articles that suggest something quite different to my perception of what's going on. Any experiences of meeting LH?

Brundle had to write a Lewis Hamilton article recently and in my tweets (which were probably ignored) I asked him to talk about LH the driver not LH the personality. It seems that you can't have one without the other.

So as a starter for ten, here is a fairly recent LH article. Posts should not be limited to this link but it can get some discussion going. http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/formula_one/13755883.stm

The only banned topic as it is clearly ridiculous involves these four things "Glock" "2008" "Brazil" "conspiracy"

Watching the post qualifying interview on Sky with Damon Hill and Simon Lazenby, and was struck by a comment that I think Damon had made. I believe that Hill said something on this order.....if Lewis can get a car that he likes....he can win everything. I surely hope that Hamilton gets that car, to prove Damon right.

He was ACE at Silverstone. Stunning pole. Then the race, I was watching from village A, at the loop. Saw him make a couple of moves there. I was devastated when the tyre blew, I was pretty certain he'd got that race in the bag. But watching him make It back up to fourth ......and almost 3rd with a damaged car was stunning, reminiscent of his Turkey 2006 drive in GP2. :-) :-) :-)

Maybe he was never planning on proposing in the first place which disappointed her. If I recall correctly, her dad got involved about proposing last time around and they broke up shortly after. She's getting on a bit isn't she and I'm sure would like the commitment, but new team, dog, tattoos etc, Hamilton doesn't come across as someone ready to settle at all.

A reportedly strong hint from LH that he's going to propose then suddently it's off? I'm guessing he's not a happy chappy this morning then. How the hell did this make the news so quickly? Did one of their PR teams break it moments after the event or something? Not that I'm particularly interested in their relationship itself but more the mechanics of how this news breaks so fast after indications of the situation being quite the opposite.

On the stage when asked about Nicole he said he loved her very much, that they'd been together for five years though he'd known her for six years and she was the love of his life.
So if those reports are true that's very sad and doesn't sound as though it was instigated by him. If he'd been about to break up he wouldn't have been able to speak about her so lovingly. His hert is on his sleeve and his emotions on his face. No hint of it at all at the after party. He mentioned popping the question.

Lewis doesn't have much control over what people ask in interviews or write about him in the press etc.....
Some people in the 'public eye', just attract Media interest......
No one has to read or even acknowledge the intrusion of Lewis' private life...
I just love his racing talent....& am sick to death of crap tyres etc dumbing that talent down....

Back
Top Bottom