Current Sir Lewis Carl Davidson Hamilton MBE

A place to put all the posts from all the other threads primarily but love him or hate him, and even for the indifferent amongst us this is the place to discuss the marmite that is Lewis Hamilton, to learn a thing or two about his rise, talk about those controversial, genius or mad moments and something that i am bemused by, the recent articles that suggest something quite different to my perception of what's going on. Any experiences of meeting LH?

Brundle had to write a Lewis Hamilton article recently and in my tweets (which were probably ignored) I asked him to talk about LH the driver not LH the personality. It seems that you can't have one without the other.

So as a starter for ten, here is a fairly recent LH article. Posts should not be limited to this link but it can get some discussion going. http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/formula_one/13755883.stm

The only banned topic as it is clearly ridiculous involves these four things "Glock" "2008" "Brazil" "conspiracy"

How many champions have retired with a single championship which you could say was not an accurate reflection of their ability. Come to think of it, how many drivers were more than worthy of taking the title on ability but for many reasons never quite managed it?

While I have some sympathy for Hamilton who clearly wants to stand on the top of the heap again. We all know the issues and baggage that surrounds his life outside of an F1 car.

The spygate saga and the well publicized fall out with Alonso were hardly great ways to start a career in F1.

At the end of the day, you have to look at the advice he has been receiving initially from his Dad and latterly from Simon Fuller. Hamilton always seems to me to be someone who looks for a lot of support from those around him as normally witnessed by his willingness to accept guidance from the pit wall when it would have been better for himself to make the call.

I'm certain he stayed at McLaren too long but where he would have ended up had he left in say 2010 or 11 is open to endless speculation and debate. Alonso and Vettel are just not suited to sharing a team with a driver of Hamilton's caliber, while there weren't too many other top options as the only other likely front running teams are Renault and Merc where of course he ended up this year.

at the end of the day he'll always have a world title to his name which is something that only 32 out of the 800 or more drivers to enter an F1 race have ever achieved.

I'd love to see Hamilton at Ferrari but that's never going to happen anytime soon. Most Brits who have driven for the team tend to have a pretty good record with them but it doesn't happen that often.

Two reasons, one because it would amuse that part of me that would want to see people who dislike Ferrari but like Hamilton and have to come to terms with that and secondly because the last British driver to race for the team was Eddie Irvine and before that Mansell so it's about time they had a genuinely quick British driver in the car.

I wonder how the Tifosi would react towards Lewis, it the treatment that he had received from them, was any indicator after winning the 2012 Italian G.P.?.......:thinking:

Back
Top Bottom