Current Sir Lewis Carl Davidson Hamilton MBE

A place to put all the posts from all the other threads primarily but love him or hate him, and even for the indifferent amongst us this is the place to discuss the marmite that is Lewis Hamilton, to learn a thing or two about his rise, talk about those controversial, genius or mad moments and something that i am bemused by, the recent articles that suggest something quite different to my perception of what's going on. Any experiences of meeting LH?

Brundle had to write a Lewis Hamilton article recently and in my tweets (which were probably ignored) I asked him to talk about LH the driver not LH the personality. It seems that you can't have one without the other.

So as a starter for ten, here is a fairly recent LH article. Posts should not be limited to this link but it can get some discussion going. http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/formula_one/13755883.stm

The only banned topic as it is clearly ridiculous involves these four things "Glock" "2008" "Brazil" "conspiracy"

I think it would very surprising for any top-driver not to get grumpy every now and then.
We tend to forget we only get to see (or look out for) quotes and interviews that are broadcast in the british, or english-speaking mediums. Every country has its own quota of decent journalists who ask pertinent motor-racing questions and a hell of a lot more who keep banging on about the same daft things over and over again. then multiply that process by fifty or so when they talk o the international press and including every other outlet of foreign-speaking press when they get asked the same, sometimes inane questions over and over again. Then a driver eventually utters a half-sarcastic throwaway comment picked up on by the rest of the media which subsequently gets over-analysed to death by thge media, fans and forums... said driver is required to explain himself over and again and the whole thing starts again...

Then again they do get paid rather a lot for alltheir hassle.:)

Lewis will not be satisfied this season until he wins. Simple as that. He's gonna have some chances coming up too. I see Germany, Hungary, and Italy as very good opportunities for Hamilton.

And I wouldn't count him out if it's chucking down at Silverstone.

Monza is (supposedly) easy on the tyres but I thought Hungary was a bit of a cheese grater for the rubber? I know Hammy always goes well there but it will depend on whether they sort the tyre problems at Mercedes.

tyre wear at the Hungaroring is very dependent on ambient temperatures though. The region around Budapest often gets very hot summers so it's difficult to predict what tyre wear levels will be like.

We know you're on the record Brogan as saying Hamilton will never win another title. The wonderful thing is that as long as Lewis is in the sport, there's still a chance you will be wrong.

Hamilton's most pertinent quote

"I'm getting older and I don't have forever in this sport. So I definitely start to think what I want people to remember me as: I just want to be known as a hard, out and out racer,"

While he may not have won Championships in recent years, there's no doubt he's earned the respect and trust of all the top racers. Guys like Fernando and Kimi are not afraid to race wheel to wheel with Lewis, and I believe that even many of his naysayers have recognized that Hamilton is a hard (and fair), out and out racer.

How in the hell can Lewis feel that time is slipping away from him at the age of 28, and only 6 years in the sport....with that damn attitude he definitely will only be a one time winner of the WDC......:( .

Makes sense to me.

This is his seventh season in F1 and he has a single WDC to his name.
He won't be adding to that tally this year which will make it eight seasons.

He has to hope Mercedes get it bang on for 2014 with the new reg's.

Yeah I con only see Hamilton retiring as a 1 time champion which is not an accurate reflection of his ability.

As Brogan says he needs Mercedes to produce the best car in 2014 and to keep it as the best car and also not to make McLaren style mess ups with the best car.

And isn't Adrian Neweys best strength.......................regulation changes

Back
Top Bottom