Current Sir Lewis Carl Davidson Hamilton MBE

A place to put all the posts from all the other threads primarily but love him or hate him, and even for the indifferent amongst us this is the place to discuss the marmite that is Lewis Hamilton, to learn a thing or two about his rise, talk about those controversial, genius or mad moments and something that i am bemused by, the recent articles that suggest something quite different to my perception of what's going on. Any experiences of meeting LH?

Brundle had to write a Lewis Hamilton article recently and in my tweets (which were probably ignored) I asked him to talk about LH the driver not LH the personality. It seems that you can't have one without the other.

So as a starter for ten, here is a fairly recent LH article. Posts should not be limited to this link but it can get some discussion going. http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/formula_one/13755883.stm

The only banned topic as it is clearly ridiculous involves these four things "Glock" "2008" "Brazil" "conspiracy"

I don't think there's any question that Rosberg is doing a better job with the brakes than Hamilton. Which is why he needs to do something about it. When he's confident that he is giving his best and getting the most out of the Mercedes,then he'll be in a position to contribute better to the tyre situation.

Talking about the occasions he has been beaten sushi. And apparently Lewis' brakes are more of a concern than tyres. I'm lost.

Both are crucial issues, one specific to Hamilton. Which is why it will be a concern to him ( as I explained above) but that's just my interpretation of what Lewywo4 meant. Maybe we should wait till he comes on for him to clarify that.

I would point out that Rosberg has had 2 DNF's so far, and is only 15 points behind in the standings.

I believe in the races they have both finished, it is 2 all?

Shaping up to be a great contest.

Lewis has repeatedly said he is not happy with the brakes...& I believe him...no reason not to.
If I was driving at 200mph....brakes would be most important........
riskitall put some info about his brakes on a thread..yesterday

My thinking was not biased. I was pointing out that Lewis is 15 points ahead, but it is not inconceivable that even behind Lewis that Nico could have scored 15 or more points more than he has at the moment.

Yes, probably. I wasn't saying that you were biased just that popular opinion is probably that Lewis has been less competitive than he actually has been.

I think it would be fair to say that after a strong start for Lewis, the pendulum seems to have swung a bit in the other direction. Today will hopefully provide a little additional insight. In other words, I hope they both finish.

Really??? Doesn't matter how much he loves his brakes if the tyres are like marshmallows. Bit of an absurd statement.

If you don't think that a long term problem for Lewis regarding his breaking, cannot start to open a door for him to questioning his breaking abilities, especially regarding what is considered to be one of his most strongest driving points, is a feeling that I have, and is far from being.....absurd.

Well you did say he doesn't like being beaten, and I'm sure your right on that. And the reason he is getting beaten is because he hasn't got the confidence required in the brakes.
To come back to what Lewywo4 said ( correct me if Im wrong here Lewy) the bumming of the tires is less of a concern to Hamilton than his loss of confidence in the brakes because the confidence on the brakes is more within Hamilton's hands to solve. It's his issue, his problem. Whereas the tyre chewing whilst crucially needing sorting, is not so directly in his hands to resolve.

racecub......I couldn't have expressed it any better....:thumbsup:

Back
Top Bottom