Current Sir Lewis Carl Davidson Hamilton MBE

A place to put all the posts from all the other threads primarily but love him or hate him, and even for the indifferent amongst us this is the place to discuss the marmite that is Lewis Hamilton, to learn a thing or two about his rise, talk about those controversial, genius or mad moments and something that i am bemused by, the recent articles that suggest something quite different to my perception of what's going on. Any experiences of meeting LH?

Brundle had to write a Lewis Hamilton article recently and in my tweets (which were probably ignored) I asked him to talk about LH the driver not LH the personality. It seems that you can't have one without the other.

So as a starter for ten, here is a fairly recent LH article. Posts should not be limited to this link but it can get some discussion going. http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/formula_one/13755883.stm

The only banned topic as it is clearly ridiculous involves these four things "Glock" "2008" "Brazil" "conspiracy"

Yes I've heard about that trick Vettel does. Mark Hughes explained it in detail recently when he took the top three and explained how they get their edge. It was a fascinating article. All three are clearly very talented, but have different strengths. Whether Newey could have catered to the skills of the other two is indeed an interesting question. And whether the other two could have developed the 'Vettel trick' is another interesting question.

It occurs to me that if Lewis would like to be a bit more distracted and childish, he could join us lot here on Clip. I guess the occasional daft tweet and press interview gaff may be somewhat more efficient. Probably less time consuming as well.LOL

I mean, jut how childish is a bloke who has a yellow, Afro headed, imaginary news mogul for an avatar? Thank fuck I didn't set out to be a super hero race car driver!:snacks:

I think I'm more jealous of "Roscoe" the dog than of any actual person on Earth. That Mutt has it damn good!!!

Sitting in the cockpit at Monaco. Helicopter rides to Capri. Cruising in a Merc in LA. Naps with Nicole.

You know what they say......"It's a dogs life"

PS - Sorry I brought up Roscoe again but I just had to throw my 2 cents in. And for the record, I can't imagine Roscoe's presence having any negative effects on Hamilton's (GP) driving.

Hamilton for me was THE best driver of 2012 but he seems to be lacking this year, his highly praised ability to drive around the issues of a car are being put in doubt by the Mercedes brakes and tyres

Anyone think he'll grab a win at some point this year though?

Not unless Mercedes can solve the tyre wear problem - if they're even in F1 after next month ;)

Monaco was a one off and on any other circuit both Merc's would have been passed in short order.

Lewis Hamilton said:
"The car feels pretty good and I feel like I'm pretty on it this weekend," said Hamilton. "I wouldn't say it's a big step forward. I still don't feel right in the car for some reason. I don't know if it's my seat.
"Today I was doing my belts up really tight, which I never do.

Starting to sound like Lewis is getting some gremlins in his head as he searches for reasons for not being where he thinks he should be on pace.

ExtremeNinja

I think you may be right, but he has no reason for these gremlins... I mean, he was comfortably faster than Rosberg yesterday, and Alonso's lap was later in the session..... There's something not right in Hamilton's mindset at the moment, I think that's clear to see, BUT I don't think it's actually impacting on his performance (yet?)

no its simply the brakes,he'll sort it out.he's definitely quicker than what we've seen.
and i actually expected nico to be ahead of lewis on points at this stage of the season anyway.
and if you look at previous seasons,youll see in a few of them he was a slow starter,and his team mates actually won a race before he did.

It's not simply the brakes. It's the way the car handles under braking. That comes from a combination of pretty much every component of the car. It's either something you can dial in on the car and bring it to the driver or it's a fundamental characteristic of the car and the driver has to move toward the car. You will always try to dial in the car first and hope that the driving differences come naturally. I think this is where they have got to and it's got to come from Lewis now. He's having to change the way he has been used to driving for so many years in a car that had evolved with him.

I think it's definitely his confidence in the car through the brakes. I've read it's the worst he's felt about the feedback from the car since he began testing f1 cars. But Mercedes are trying hard to sort this out, and knowing what Hamilton is capable of its in their interest to provide a car he has confidence in. I also read that it took McLaren 2 or 3 years to get it really sweet for Lewis, so maybe we're being a bit hasty with him and Mercedes. I'm wondering if Lowe's appearance will help since he's worked with Lewis throughout his f1 career?

Lewis was talking about the brakes in an interview on Sky...he also said he didn't feel comfortable in the car...he had to have his seat belt tighter because he was moving around in the seat/car.....

Back
Top Bottom