Current Sir Lewis Carl Davidson Hamilton MBE

A place to put all the posts from all the other threads primarily but love him or hate him, and even for the indifferent amongst us this is the place to discuss the marmite that is Lewis Hamilton, to learn a thing or two about his rise, talk about those controversial, genius or mad moments and something that i am bemused by, the recent articles that suggest something quite different to my perception of what's going on. Any experiences of meeting LH?

Brundle had to write a Lewis Hamilton article recently and in my tweets (which were probably ignored) I asked him to talk about LH the driver not LH the personality. It seems that you can't have one without the other.

So as a starter for ten, here is a fairly recent LH article. Posts should not be limited to this link but it can get some discussion going. http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/formula_one/13755883.stm

The only banned topic as it is clearly ridiculous involves these four things "Glock" "2008" "Brazil" "conspiracy"

Horrid race!! Bad. bad. Offset somewhat by the beautiful scenery in the bar where I watched it in the Alps, and the large glasses of wine consumed. I need more wine, lots more:givemestrength:I couldn't understand all the commentary but didn't really need to. The season goes from bad to worse. It had to be Lewis that got the puncture and damage to his car. Goddamn it!! Ok these things happen. I know I know. But this is why those stupid stupid unnecessary lost points in the first six or so races are so costly.

Lewis' head never drops....& he gets more shit piled on him ........ than the whole field put together.

Thats so true.......and with some

g1342703157753222174.webp

In my arbitrary Hamilton's bad luck tally, I'm going to say he missed out on 4th place today, taking in to account Button's pace and Vettel's penalty, but also the fact that he had a few cars to get past and Raikkonen and Kobayashi were quick. That now comes to a total of 53pts lost and he would currently have 145 points in the championship were it not for the bad luck. This now puts him behind Alonso, even if things had gone his way.

Note that I am not taking in to account the wet qualifying, without which Hamilton arguably could have won the race, and I am no longer adding points on as a result of the rain in Malaysia.

SUMMARY:

Australia - Lost 2nd place due to Safety Car, 3 points lost
Malaysia - (0pts lost, but dry race would likely have resulted in a win)
China - Gearbox change, 5 place grid drop, 3 points lost
Bahrain - 2 slow pit stops, 8 points lost
Spain - No fuel sample, 23 place grid drop, 21 points lost
Monaco - (0 pts lost)
Canada - (0 pts lost)
Valencia - Maldonado crash, 6 points lost
Britain - (0 pts lost, but rain didn't help)
Germany - Puncture, 12pts lost (dry qualifying could have resulted in a win for extra points).

TOTAL - 53 points lost, problems in 6/10 races.

Disclaimer - I'm just doing this for a bit of fun, I probably won't bother to carry on doing it throughout the season and I realise that there are many other factors that should really be taken in to account.

I know that Hamberg!!!I don't choose to be like this.!! And I do love the sport. When Lewis retires another driver will claim me.

I was the same with Senna... I didn't watch the 1994 San Marino race... was working... when told about it the next day I didn't believe it... I didn't watch another race in 1994...

On another note, what's going on with Hamilton's starts? At best he seems to have maintained position this season and more often than not he's lost places. I've got used to seeing Hamilton charging through in to the first corner over the years, there's something not quite right about the McLaren start procedure it would seem.

Ferrari seem to have stolen a march over the rest in this area over the last couple of years...

The Artist..... Perhaps, but it's something that McLaren and Lewis need to work through anyway. It's something that should be fairly simple to solve I would have thought? Or at least I imagine they have the data to see what's happening.

Ferrari seem to have stolen a march over the rest in this area over the last couple of years...

I believe Ferrari just spend a bit more time during practice working on starts compared to others. After an earlier race this season I remember Stefano Domenicali mentioning in a post-race interview how they'd used up a set of tyres just working on ther starts and it greatly benefitted them in the race.

Back
Top Bottom