Current Sir Lewis Carl Davidson Hamilton MBE

A place to put all the posts from all the other threads primarily but love him or hate him, and even for the indifferent amongst us this is the place to discuss the marmite that is Lewis Hamilton, to learn a thing or two about his rise, talk about those controversial, genius or mad moments and something that i am bemused by, the recent articles that suggest something quite different to my perception of what's going on. Any experiences of meeting LH?

Brundle had to write a Lewis Hamilton article recently and in my tweets (which were probably ignored) I asked him to talk about LH the driver not LH the personality. It seems that you can't have one without the other.

So as a starter for ten, here is a fairly recent LH article. Posts should not be limited to this link but it can get some discussion going. http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/formula_one/13755883.stm

The only banned topic as it is clearly ridiculous involves these four things "Glock" "2008" "Brazil" "conspiracy"

Kewee Sorry Kewe, no, no not intended at you at all! I think your comments are fair. But a lot of talk of that season was how Hamilton threw things away with no reference to the mistakes of others. I think generally people pounce on a Hamilton mistake but forget others. I don't think Monza or Singapore should both be laid at Hamilton's door, but maybe that's just me and my soft spot.
Alonso-spinning at Monacco in practise and trashing the car was a biggy.

racecub......No need to apologize racecub. I remembered most of the race incidents but had forgotten Alonso's practice crash at Monaco, so it's me who should apologize. Alonso himself said after the season had finished and the dust settled that his mistake at Monaco cost him the title.:popcorn:

Fairly clear indication from Hamilton about his future.
http://sports.yahoo.com/news/hamilton-hints-staying-mclaren-family-223025066--nascar.html
Lewis Hamilton dropped a heavy hint on Thursday that he is ready to re-sign with McLaren and stay with the team that has been his second home nearly all his motor racing career.
Hamilton said he would feel "abnormal" to race for any other team in Formula One.
Speaking on the eve of opening practice for this weekend's German Grand Prix, the 2008 world champion made it clear he was in no rush to confirm his future as he reaches the end of his current contract.
"I have a lot of faith in this team, we're like a family," Hamilton told reporters in the Hockenheim paddock. "Anything different would feel very abnormal.
"For me, when you are in a position like this for the first time, you have to do due diligence, and you have to make sure that you look at the whole grid.

Can I just say, I have been following Twitter and Facebook today, and Lewis seems to be tweeting and posting far more than normal, even engaging in some banter with Jake Humphrey. Pictures of his trip in, and the car being prepared. It is a change from normal, and I am quite liking it, very personable.

Hamilton's luck strikes again.

24 cars on the track and he's the only one who gets a puncture from the debris of Massa's wing.

Typical! He wasn't even one of the first cars through the larger debris either. I'm not keen on how fast his head goes down though. His 'we need to retire' comment came only moments after the puncture without knowing the full extent of the damage. It seemed a bit defeatest.

Apparently it wasn't just the puncture...he had damage to the back of his car...
He had said before the race...he likes it to be down to racing against RB & Ferrari....for a result...not pit stops
JB has just been extolling the excellence of Mclaren's 2.4 sec pit stop on his car...
Guess who gets the brownie points .............when you want an advantage?

After the damage to Lewis's car, JB was the only one from McLaren in with a chance - is that an advantage? JB drove well today and LH was unlucky.

I'm glad to see that they have finally got a handle on the pit stops and hope that their expertise will last.

If my arse was sitting a couple of inches off the deck at 200mph and something feels like it's busted or about to break I personally would also consider retiring the car. I don't think voicing that concern is in the least pathetic. I wonder what the criticism of Lewis would have been if indeed the problem had been allowed to deteriorate further leading to a tasty crash involving a fellow competitor.:thinking:

Back
Top Bottom