Poll Should McLaren abandon 2013 development for 2014 car?

Should McLaren abandon 2013 development for 2014 car?

• Yes

Votes: 28 68.3%
  • No

Votes: 5 12.2%
  • Yes but No but Yes but No but Yes but No but Yes but No but

Votes: 5 12.2%
  • Who cares

Votes: 3 7.3%

• Total voters
Of course they should, but as has been mentioned the "even" team will be on it. To me they seem a little better than the "odd" team if we judge it on the last 6 years...

I think I would be right in saying that they got rid of the split development a couple of years back, following the 2009 campaign.

I think the focus should be on next year, although anything which can be added to this year should be added, to improve things, and to help with the correlation piece.

It would be good from a sponsor/fan/driver/team morale point of view to get at least one win in, but not at any cost.

Maybe they should agree to a Pirelli test !

Yesterday was painful to watch just as 2009 maybe not as bad as 1995 and 2004

They won;t abandon the car because they need to attract sponsors and also the embarrassment of being winless is something they want to avoid

I think Paddy Lowe not being behind the scenes is clearly making a difference

Well, the Twitter rumour appears to indicate that James Allison could be on his way to help out a team who will be using Honda engines. Could that be positive news for McLaren? I believe they could use some new talent from elsewhere on the grid.

Surprised by how many yes's this poll has. I thought it would be mostly no's 'its not over till its over' type comments.

.... so I guess its over.

Speaking of James Allison, I find his situation quite strange.

Why would he leave Lotus if he doesn't have a deal in place?

We all thought he was certain for Ferrari and was soon to be confirmed,yet he's been linked to Red Bull and McLaren aswell with no deal in place yet. :s

Red Bull deny Allison joining their team

I would think he would not because he would report under Newey

I think he has more opportunities going to Mclaren or Ferrari

Button has admitted the team is in dire straits this season
and there is no hiding it seeing they've ended being lapped and also he's admitted being winless is something that might happen this season

Would you keep either of them for 2014? Can't remember the last time McLaren dumped both drivers.
2006-2007 is the only pair of years they've ever gone from one season to the next without retaining at least one driver.

Back
Top Bottom