Rugby Rugby Sucks

Status
Not open for further replies.
And all this nonsense related to adjustable wings to promote overtaking isn't?

I think I'm on record as stating my opposition to adjustable wings but as I have no influence over the decision made by the FIA I have to lump it. Having grown up with F1 I've put up with all sorts of bizarre rule changes, some have worked some haven't. I don't particularly agree with the changes to the points system and I think (open to correction on this) that last season would have been just as close using the old way of scoring.

Like many things in life, I'm unlikely to change your view and, similarly, you are unlikely to change mine. I've watched rugby live (at Bedford) and found the game completely without passion. I've attempted to watch it on TV and have found the on pitch violence offensive so, based on the experience I've had, have decided that rugby is not for me. I don't expect anyone who enjoys the game to agree.

For my sins I'm a cricket fan and many find it the most bizarre and annoying game in the world but I've watched very exciting draws in test matches that non-cricket fans would find astonishing and bewildering. I'm not that taken with 1 day cricket and Twenty-20 is a bit contrived but I can still enjoy them as the basic principals of the game are still there.

FB - just a bit of fun and if I have angered you I'm sorry.

As you say we are all different, but, perhaps, your initial post was a little inflamatory.

friends.gif

FB - just a bit of fun and if I have angered you I'm sorry.

As you say we are all different, but, perhaps, your initial post was a little inflamatory.

:friends:

I thought it was quite an interesting debate. I like to think my original post was "challenging" although some might think otherwise
lol.gif

It's only "trolling" TBY if you choose read it that way and to react to it. That certainly wasn't the reason why I put the comment, simply to express an opinion, in what I hoped was a relatively light hearted manner, about a sport I don't enjoy. You might have noticed I provided no further comment on the original thread until someone chose to respond to me and have not been involved in any further discussion in that thread since the debate was moved here.

If you choose to perceive it as trolling that is entirely your perogative. It appears that some perecive trolling as having a different opinion to their own...

It's trolling when you post an inflammatory remark without reason. Had you said "I don't like rugby because of ..." that would have been different.

I'm no expert on what is and isn't trolling, but if you had started a new thread with your opening post then that would be no different to any other thread as ultimately it's all personal opinion.

I'm no expert on what is and isn't trolling, but if you had started a new thread with your opening post then that would be no different to any other thread as ultimately it's all personal opinion.

I take your point but, apart from the post I put into the original thread, I wasn't going to post anything else. Others questioned why I had put what I had and I thought I should respond, explaining my reasoning. The point I was trying to make earlier is that it takes 2 to "troll"; one to post something "inflammatory" (if you want to use that word, although I disagree with that descripition of what I wrote) and another to respond.

I recall starting a thread on Winbledon last year in which I posed the question "Tennis, why?". I don't remember being accused of trolling in that instance presumably because the people on here don't have any great passion toward tennis either way. It would appear that for rugby (union at least) that is different hence why there was a reaction.

Anyway, perhaps an appropriate time to lock this thread away and let it slip slowly down the list?

In my, less than authoritative, opinion/understanding of trolling, posting something once, like FB has done, then that is personal opinion.
If, on the other hand, the person then continually posts the same thing again and again, often without reasoning and just to illicit a reaction, then that could be construed as trolling.

All in my honest opinion of course! :)

The point I was trying to make earlier is that it takes 2 to "troll"; one to post something "inflammatory" (if you want to use that word, although I disagree with that descripition of what I wrote) and another to respond.

I think we should all be banned if it takes 2 to troll.

Sorry, you're not in general a troll, but you did leave yourself open to the accusation here.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom