Rugby Rugby Sucks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bunch of gits
mad.gif

To be honest I actually agree with FB. It is easy just to set up a quick cricket game in the park with little understanding of the rules required, (dont even need the proper equipment) while rugby needs a lot more for a game. Also it really does look like they just make the rules up as they go along.

TBH maybe I am being old here but British Bulldog does not require any equipment, rules, well require anything really and does promote *some* of the etiquette required for some forms of the game of Rugby?

And anyway Windybag was a game played between two villages in, or around, the 14th Century in which killing an opponent from the other village was considered unsporting but not illegal. Banned because people had to practice Archery as a more important skill. (I love Archery
smile.gif
)

The Windybag bit continues on the footy side, the martial bit continues on the rugby side (league or union does not matter)

Take care

TMF

Absolutely delighted with todays result against Italy. Bunty, Squiffy, Charlie Wiggens, Biggles, Freddy Fairfax, the Wife and I all went down to Buntys pad in the country. I mean, we wouldn't want to sit among the great unwashed to watch the game now would we.

Well done England.

whistle.gif

Absolutely delighted with todays result against Italy. Bunty, Squiffy, Charlie Wiggens, Biggles, Freddy Fairfax, the Wife and I all went down to Buntys pad in the country. I mean, we wouldn't want to sit among the great unwashed to watch the game now would we.

Well done England.
:whistle:

The game was great, except for the local Pimm's well running low at half time, but a jolly good time was had by all.

It was a disappointment to see a Northern type score all the tries but I will have a larf during my fourth holiday in Italy this autumn.

Oh, golly gum drops - it's Ireland v France this afternoon. Who to cheer for - such a quandary, but a suck on a prawn sandwich will give inspiration!

Thankfully, Tennis is cancelled because of the rain so Squiffy and I are joining the ladies at the club for the afternoon. A hand or two of cards, a port and cigar and then settle back to watch the rugger. Can't wait.

Biffo and Caruthers and I are retiring to the "ale house" - full of ruffians and poacher types if you ask me - to watch the Union match - Biffo's ancestors used to have an estate that covered most of Ireland and Caruthers' great-great grandpapa lost a testicle at Trafalgar so I think we'll be supporting the Mick today.

What Ho!

There are both elements to my dislike of rugby.

Firstly, the nature of the game is confusing to uneducated (in the rules of rugby that is) viewer. The rules are constantly adjusted to make the game "more exciting" for general consumption. I have a similar problem with the tie-break in tennis - introduced solely for the benefit of the short attention span of TV viewers yet when a game ends 56-54 (or what ever it was at Wimbledon last year) it drew more viewers than any other match. If the basic rules of rugby are not exciting enough for general consumption then leave it as the minority sport it always was, don't dress it up to try and make it a spectacle.

Just want to point out that the rules are constantly being adjusted in F1, a sport we both love!

Just want to point out that the rules are constantly being adjusted in F1, a sport we both love!

But F1 is a technical sport and revisions to the rules are as a reaction to changes in technology. For the sake of repeating myself, the rules of Rugby are adjusted to try and make it more "exciting" to a TV audience. Well, if a game isn't exciting just let those who are interested in it watch it don't try and make it something it isn't.

BTW, notice there isn't a thread on here celebrating to the start of the Rugby League season with Millenium Magic down in Cardiff. Too working class for you all
wink.gif
Didn't watch that either...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom