Poll Out of Ten: 2015 Hungarian Grand Prix

How did you rate the Hungarian grand prix out of 10?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
One of my criteria for scoring is that 1 means the race is equal to the worst race ever in the history of F1, and 10 is equal to the best race ever. With that thinking it would be pretty rare for me to give a race a 1 or 10. But other people differ.

I genuinely want to know what would be your ideal race.

-------------------------------------------

Quite simple really. Cars fighting for the lead during most of the race distance. Drivers trying to overtake for the lead and the leader trying to defend his lead. And all done on the track. Not in the pits nor through the safety car.

It really is that simple.

I've now watched it. It got very dull in the middle and only the safety car spiced things up. I gave it an 8 as there isn't a 7 1/2 option.

I never mark a race or drivers performance down due to a pitstop overtake. The vast majority of overtakes during the pitstops don't actually happen in the pits, they're achieved due to a very good in-lap, so in my view they're earned on track and as such they're racing overtakes.

I base it on a bell curve of how much I enjoyed it, with 5 being my expectation of how fun an average f1 race is, 1 being a snoozefest with no redeeming qualities at all and 10 to be a thrilling race that kept me riveted throughout. I gave Hungary an 8 because despite all the action it did get boring for a while in the middle and like Kewee I too don't enjoy watching top drivers making a mess of a race.
f1_bell_curve.png

Back
Top Bottom