Poll Out of Ten: 2015 Hungarian Grand Prix

How did you rate the Hungarian grand prix out of 10?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I've always been Ebenezer with my scores so far through the season, I'm sure I lead the season for the lowest score average, but going to have to give this race an 8, as I watched this race from start to finish with no Ironing breaks or naps.
  • Poignant start with the drivers circle - Think it did mean a few mashed heads, Massa's defintely.
  • Lewis & Nico, as it's 2 races on the bounce, let me take you through how to start a car:
    • High Revs, press clutch, put the car in 1st, slowly lift the clutch, find the balance keeping the Revs, when the Red lights go out (pay attention), lift clutch, floor the accelerator, change gear at appropriate intervals without wheel spinning the car. Maybe some Summer homework?
  • Pastor Maldonado, yes he had 3 penalties, (1) Causing a crash, (2) Speeding in the Pit Lane & (3) Overtaking during a Safety Car Period. But his best moment was Turn 4 on Lap 1, he had an almighty 'Tank Slapper' coming in to the corner, and if it wasn't for his skills he'd have took out at least a quarter of the field, well done lad.
  • Lewis blaming Nico a couple of corners later for kitty litter trip for being in the middle of the track whilst approaching a left hand corner. Nothing to do with having more than 1 car in front of you was it Lewis.
  • The Hulk own thoughts, diff -2 done, brake balance -3 rear, BOOM, Confetti, No brakes, No brakes, No brakes, turn Bottas turn, Bottas TURN, phewww, BOOM, Splash.
  • Nico not realising the length of a Formula 1 Car.
  • That single digit in the air, but hey nice Radio message at the end for Jules.

Bit of a roller-coaster ride that one.

Mercedes say they've already been using the start procedures that will be coming at Spa, and it certainly shows!

This season is really starting to resemble 2014 quite a bit recently with Seb playing the Danny Ricciardo role.

Quite relieved that the F1 eulogies can be put away for a while again. In my opinion there isn't a sport in the world that can put you through the gamut of emotions a Formula One race can in under 2 hrs!

Really digging the vibe around the forum today. :moustache:

f1 seems like buses after 1 decent race in 8 we now got 2 in a row & we didnt even need rain for this one who says you cant overtake at hungaroring & qualifying is vital we had kyvat 2nd from 7th verstappen 4th from 9th & alonso 5th from 15th. but that race did showing F1 does not need major changes that have been talk about just a leveller field where 3/4 not 1 can challenge for wins that we haven't had since 2009/10 after vettel then merc domination

but from a biased lewis supporting opinion god lewis with his red mist is so frustrating to watch although it does help sometimes all that hard work thrown away with idiotic move at Turn 6 on Lap 1 which he was never going to overtake anyone in a month of sunday at that turn ive seen it once in 2006. just wish sometimes he play the long game think about the championship which reared its head again towards the end when he should've let ricciardo go & yes i understood why nico had to go on primes because the options wouldve worn out by the end of the race just bad luck in the timing of VSC & SC

maldonado i starting to think i would miss him because he can be fantastic entertainment & makes me laugh with his antics but you do start to wonder how long lotus patience will last

Last edited:
I understand why this poll is attracting high votes but I don't agree it was a great race.

Chaotic and unpredictable? Yes.
Great racing? Not at all.

I was going to give it a 9 but a small voice in my head that sounded like Jules Bianchi told me to throw caution to the wind and give it a 10.

Thats not worrying on this choice but if he starts telling me to kill people I'll give you permission to panic.

Really digging the vibe around the forum today. :moustache:

Vibe around here as always been good as far as I'm concerned and I for one miss Meph. Can we have a min of smutty inuendos before the next Grand Prix for him? Its what he would have wanted.

And Jen for that matter. Whats the point in a forum if everyone agrees with each other

Last edited:
Heh. Different cultures on different sides of the ocean I guess.

There was no need to say anything. We all know how you feel. Respect maybe others don't. Just let it go by and do the fist pumps in your private time like everyone else.

Still sticking with my 6 points to higher than normal 8, oh and never let anyone change your mind.

Unless it involves Ironing.

I want a thread where we discuss rubrics for grading races. I gave this race and last race a 10 because I thoroughly enjoyed them. They weren't the best races of all time, but they were the best of the season and for a couple of seasons. It's interesting seeing everyone's opinions on what makes a good race. I reacted poorly after Silverstone and having time to reflect I realize I jumped the gun and got a little carried away.

I genuinely want to know what would be your ideal race. What would get you to give that illustrious score of 10/10? And for those, like myself, who already busted that nut, what would make you have to crank it all the way up to 11/10?

Back
Top Bottom