Poll Out of Ten: 2015 Hungarian Grand Prix

How did you rate the Hungarian grand prix out of 10?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I thought that Rosberg was allowed to have the primes if he showed an increase in speed, but the pit wall wanted to him on the softer tyre at the end. Maybe I got the wrong end of the stick :dunno:

Last edited:
Rosberg wanted to cover Lewis and go on the harder tyre at his next pitstop. pitwall suggested this was a bad choice and he should go for the softer. :givemestrength:bad choice? The soft was a race winning choice! What transpired afterwards is speculation, a virtual safety car came, then a real one and Rosberg duly emerged from it all on his tyre of choice...the harder one. Why? Well ToTo says it was because they didn't have the soft one ready in time, that it was a marginal point in the race, that smacks to me of covering up incompetence or a wrong decision by either Rosberg or the pitwall or both. I have to say, though Rosberg focuses too much on Lewis rather than running his own race, but the pitwall should see the bigger picture and advise drivers more robustly. Like the decision to pit Hamilton at Monaco.

10, brilliant race all round, unless you're a Lewis fan! It had drama throughout and was thoroughly unpredictable, reminds me of Europe 2012 in some regards, however, I do think some of the penalties were harsh, notably Maldonado vs Perez and Lewis vs DannyRic, not too sure how they were penalties and Rosberg vs Ricciardo wasn't, all racing incidents if you ask me

Brogan - I doubt that will be vital. I reckon there's a 2009 issue, in that if they're challenged by Ferrari, there'll also be circuits where Williams (and perhaps even Red Bull) can interrupt Ferrari, thus starving Vettel of the points to make a proper challenge, while Mercedes maintain a lead.

Spot on comments Id say Jos the Boss! Spot on!! And I'm a Lewis fan!
All three should have been racing incidents or all three should have been penalties. Racing incidents if I was making the decision, but either way, same for all three.

I'm a Lewis fan and I loved this race! He was a bit impetuous but also unfortunate in places too. He was rather lucky that
Nico scored badly, even though Nico had been struggling all weekend at this track.

I personally didn't think there was much "racing", especially at the front.

Other than the two Mercedes drivers massively screwing up, it was fairly processional.

If not for the safety car it would have been quite boring.

In the context of this or any season that was a highly enjoyable race. I had to listen to the second half on the radio so I waited until I'd seen the highlights on BBC3 before I posted comment.

More carbon fibre smashed than you can shake a stick at. Ballsy moves and plenty of action. Shame we didn't get to see a full comeback drive from Hamilton. I thought his bump was unfortunate but not deliberate. He outbraked himself, the car washed out, bump, end of. Some of these "causing a collision" penalties are pretty touch and go.

I wonder what Meph would have made of it?

I was in a hotel room, sick as a dog while watching the race and it was so exciting that I didn't puke the whole time it was running. I'm a Lewis fan so I can't give it a 10 but there is so much to love about the race. This race will be analyzed and talked about for years. I gave it a strong 9.

8. Would have been 9 unless 3 of my FF1 players crashing and burning.

Edit: Oops.. did not recall my team correct. Had Kvyat instead of Hulks.. might change the vote to 9 then :D

Last edited:
I gave it 10 because we saw inter team and driver solidarity that is unique to this sport, followed by some splendid, passionate or affected driving, that despite your opinion of certain incidents, demonstrated sheerdesire to not only succeed, but put on aspectacle for Jules and his family.

6...Lewis was lucky to come out still maintaining the lead in the WD, and even extending his lead on Rosberg. I was surprised that Nico didn't offer any challenge to Vettel at all, who drove a magnificent race to a well deserved win.

6...Lewis was lucky to come out still maintaining the lead in the WD, and even extending his lead on Rosberg. I was surprised that Nico didn't offer any challenge to Vettel at all, who drove a magnificent race to a well deserved win.

Agreed LH was certainly lucky today; they do say over the season it balances out so perhaps this was payback for Monaco?

Nico should have made the brave tyre choice at the end though ; that was his only chance to target Vettel after the SC.

The option was the obvious tyre choice. I don't even understand how Nico was 'playing it safe' going on to the primes. I just assumed he would go option on the last stint. Very odd.

The stint was around 27 laps if i recall. It would have been a gamble to use the softs for that long however the red bulls happily took the chance. Mercedes should have had more confidence in their tyre data. For the record, i enjoy the crashes because they often create the necessary conditions for racing/overtakes to occur. The best races nearly always have a crash/ safety car to trigger a shuffle in the pack. Overtakes can fundamentally never occur without a significant difference in race pace.

I'm giving it an 8. Never much of a fight for the lead (Rosberg was there for a while but never challenged), and there really wasn't too much good racing. Every time a battle started there would either be a collision or someone going off track. So yeah it was exciting and had all kinds of drama and unexpected results, and I enjoyed that, but it wasn't great racing.

Back
Top Bottom